mike11202

New Street A System.. Need Opinions!

I still thinking over my new system... using for Competitions and Daily Driver, ill make a box for each

spending a lot of money so i have to chose wisely

So far I'm looking at:

(2) TC Sounds OEM 10 + Kicker 2500zx

Kicker Solo X 12 + Kicker 2500zx or RD Audio 3250.1d

RD Audio Super Heavyweight 10 or 12 + RD Audio 3250.1d or Memphis 4kw

(2) Lightning Audio Storm X1.10.VC2 10" + RD Audio 3250.1d or Memphis 4kw

any opinions? its going into a 2007 honda civic coupe

two s10x and one cactus sounds 5kw...and i'll wager it'll whoop any combo listed above...

and pray you only compete locally, lol.....no offense bro. but you really need 10kwrms + to even get close to teh big boys in that class.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hijack..

Is a 15" BTL and 2xsaz1500d's enough to compete semi competitively in Street B?

/hijack

two s10x and one cactus sounds 5kw...and i'll wager it'll whoop any combo listed above...

and pray you only compete locally, lol.....no offense bro. but you really need 10kwrms + to even get close to teh big boys in that class.

your saying they run 10kwrms + off of 1 battery? i doubt it..

HAHA.... YES people do it. ALL the time. Car off also.

Maybe you need to some research on Street cars before you decided to compete.

You only need a fews fractions of a second to hit your peak. Only takes one battery to power the setup that long.

You only need a fews fractions of a second to hit your peak. Only takes one battery to power the setup that long.

true.. i will be using it for bassrace also

but locally around here people barely hit 140's in Street A, no too much competition

As of yesterday, I am doing a little more then 140 ;)

but of the choices I vote #1.

I am also just barely over 140 as of right now, and at only 1800 watts and zero sound deadening and frame-less windows that leak and my windshield gaskets leak as well. (just had to pick on you denim.)

To be competitive locally is obviously dependent on where you live. I happen to live in the area of most team 420 members so being competitive locally is only when there is a 3x show somewhere else.

I would look into bigger amps as well. American bass 500.1, IA 40.1, atomic 5000d, cactus 5kw etc...

As stated above power will make a difference. For this season, I don't have the money to dump into huge amplifiers, so I am just trying to test and push the Mach5 and have fun doing it.

:rolleyes:

dont let him fool ya,hes mid 140s about to move into high 140s with a good power source and a new deck

dont let him fool ya,hes mid 140s about to move into high 140s with a good power source and a new deck

And I am not running "huge amplifiers" I am @ 140.7 with one saz-1500d, and all of the aforementioned issues going on in my car. My kinetik is in the mail and that will help a little. Than during these 2 weeks I will be adjusting all of my windows and temporarily fixing my gasket issues for the comp on the 17th. Will be running 2 saz-1500dls for that and my goal is 143. In a hatch I would be much closer to 50's though. The car is one of my biggest hurdles right now.

And I am not running "huge amplifiers" I am @ 140.7 with one saz-1500d, and all of the aforementioned issues going on in my car. My kinetik is in the mail and that will help a little. Than during these 2 weeks I will be adjusting all of my windows and temporarily fixing my gasket issues for the comp on the 17th. Will be running 2 saz-1500dls for that and my goal is 143. In a hatch I would be much closer to 50's though. The car is one of my biggest hurdles right now.

Yeah I am going to buy one of the Lightning Audio Storm 10's and see how it performs, its based off the TC-3000 platform. its only $179 so I am going to give it a try.

lol...oh yes. research james herren. street a world champ two years ago, back to back 7th place finishes since (bad battery and then bad amps. he'll never run memphis 4kws again) he runs a pair of cs 5kws on his s10xs, does mid to high 50's all day long. and finishes 7th. you do the math. btw, james is a coworker of mine. himself, kevin koller and greg mccool form the foundation of team sweep, and typically are near the top in whatever class they compete in, and share knowledge with me from time to time.

dopey, street b is , for whatever reason, a bit easier then a. most of the really big dogs go a or c. i dunno why they don't hang around in b. but your still going to have to be hitting mid 50's to even get noticed.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

you can get a cs 5kw at http://www.cn-cactus-sounds.com/products.html

look into his batteries as well.....

chris norris in indiana is his only US dealer, so that's who you'll have to go through. unless james is still selling his 5kws....

i'll let ya know.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: