KickinAudio

Building a System for Street B (Orion)

u dont think you would be louder using a 15 " L7 ?

I'm almost sure a SX or H2 would be louder in these type of conditions and burps. The SX and L7 would probably be really close.

looks awesome, now get to building !!!! :P

actually did something today...here it is after some sanding... about 5.5 Cubes I beleive

boxa.jpg

well i hope it gets loud for you. lookin good, cant wait to see your numbers

that should do some solid figures !!!!!!!! :)

isnt it best to have the port facing the same way as the sub? just curious

for sq, it is generally the rule to have the sub and port on the same plane...that ,in theory, puts them close to 180 out of phase, so that the sub and port would "fire" pretty much at the same time, and achieve as little cancellation as possible.

for burps, and certain vehicles, that rule may not necessarly apply.....99% of "crx type" boxes are exactly the way kickin is building his box.....sub up, port facing the rear of vehicle...and they are louder then the sub,port on same plane theory.

hope that helps...

btw...good luck kickin....can't wait to hear what ya did!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

My bad..the box is 7 cubes...and yea your right on the SQ thing....but this is not way intended for SQ hehe.

Looks like its gonna be loud...Im going to charge the hell out of my SVR up untill the minute before I go into the lanes. Hope the 2500D will pull through for me..its said to do around 3100 @ 17v...I might hit 15v shhh

boxp.jpg

Kinda looks like shit where I sanded it, oh well

Everything is installed....doesn't sound that loud really....we'll see tomorrow.

ac.jpg

Pretty bad...alot of shit went wrong. I did a 137.5 or something like that.

For some reason we aren't allowed to sit in our cars anymore which is bs and that screwed me over pretty good, seeing how I recently lost my remote, and my deck also doesn't have pause. So I had to play a sweep and jump out of the car....never seen that before and I don't think there is a rule saying you can't sit in your car.

I could only play sweeps because I had no time to test.

Anyway I got 3rd...I tried a different sweep and changed some stuff on my deck and got like a 125 or something, I could have had 2nd place easy. There was more stuff that went wrong but i'm not going to ramble on about it...I had fun.

15" SX For Sale (Used for this comp only - basically new)