Sign in to follow this  
I8apony19

It's starting to come together....

Well...Yesterday I decided to stop being lazy and shove it all in the car...Everything is wired up and playing except the 8's in the doors....

After 3 hours of listening...here are my thoughts on some things....

Max Fidelity Tweets

If anyone is looking to do a DIY setup, I'd STRONGLY recommend these. They are a small format (4 OHM!) neo tweet that is swivel mounted for adjust staging/aiming. I've had to tweak the driver side just a tad to bring the stage up, but that is because the driver's legs/steering wheel prohibit this. These things are are smack dab in the middle between a "laid back" silk tweet and a cut your ears off "bright" tweet. Excellent detail from 3-3.5k up. Don't cross them any higher with your mids or you'll lose the sharpness of your snare drum. It does seem that after a tad bit of listening, there is an 8k peak I'll need to bring back down a bit.

Morel Midrange

All Imma say about these is WOW. My buddy Steve and I were SOOOOO impressed with this midrange it's silly. PLAYS AN AWESOME SYMBOL!!!! These are providing for some crazy stage depth. Crossed on the low end right around 250-270hz and I'm going to keep them there until the 8's are playing :)

Morel Midbass

These are in the doors, but not hooked up yet as I'm waiting to deaden my doors and do a bit of siliconing. I'll have an update on these next friday/saturday. Should be crossed at 50-60 and up to 250 with 250w on each side. I'm anxious!

Mah Maggies

Well...I got impatient and decided to throw them in my unpainted FG 3-3.5 cube box last night. They sound really really good..and still get stupid loud..but who doesn't already know that! :) Cross these at 80hz and they sound like pooh...(but that's because I've been converted to SQ bass)....at 80hz for JAMMIN'...just awesome....I was crossing them at 60hz with the gain at 1/4 for SQ listening and they blend sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo well......and I'm missing a HUGE gap in my midbass too!!!!! Need to throw some insulation in...and add some sort of gasket ring to eliminate some nasty air leaks I'm getting under the mounting gasket...but that's because I haven't ironed out those details of the box yet :P

Overall

I have yet to install my Orion 97.2 30 band EQ yet and I'm already grossly impressed with things. For 3 hours "out of the box" playing, the front stage is already sounding BEAUTIFUL...SPL comps might have to start taking a back seat to something else :unsure:;) :boink:

Wanna know what's even better!?!?!

I DON'T HAVE ANY PICTURES!!! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:finger: :boink:

awesome glad you like it,

which morel midranges are those

and where did you get swivvling cups for the max tweeters?

The swivel cups come with the Max tweets...kinda tough to adjust..but better than them flyin' all over the place...

The mids are morel mw144's

come with them? where did you buy yours, i didnt see anything about a swivvle cup at meniscus.

I don't believe you, get some pics up and I might...

No shit!!! Clarke has like every single computer peripheral known to man, yet no digital camera.... Get with the program buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thud:

Pics will come friday night, is that ok Mr. Mojo?

Maybe I'll throw in some excursion pics?...

Maybe wire the Mag's in parallel and shut off my car with 4400w?

:P

Pics will come friday night, is that ok Mr. Mojo?

Maybe I'll throw in some excursion pics?...

Maybe wire the Mag's in parallel and shut off my car with 4400w?

:P

I'm pretty sure that's your only choice, theres no way around it.