solidcrowd

12's doing great with about 1.1 cu.ft. ported?

I have about 1200 watts to work with and 1.1 cu.ft. of airspace per woofer. I'm looking for 2 12's that will do great with minimum airspace. My box is 2.2cu.ft. tuned to 32hz and i am not going to go with a one sub setup simply because of the cone area and i was wondering what you guys suggest.

I can't think of one sub that can play well in as little as 1.1ft^3 & ported... sealed yes, ported, no.

Now, single sub in 2.2? Sure.

Yea that isnt that much space to work with if you can squeeze alittle more room Id look at some TC-9s.

http://www.tcsounds.com/tc9.htm

Now I Have 2 12 Cerwin Vega VMAX in a 2cuft box tuned to 34hz (they recommend 1cuft per 12 and a tuning of 37hz).

http://www.cerwinvega.com/vmax.php

they look like nice subs built fairly well for a mass produced product dual spiders woven tinsel leads and they can be found cheap.

The thing is I have never liked the way that they sounded but I dont have enough power going to them.

Anyways Id look into getting a little more space and the TC-9s.

I'd do a single 12" ported, or two 12's sealed. 2.2ft^3 is barely enough for a lot of single 10" and 12" drivers, let alone a pair.

Sealed pair would be the best option.

My e12a.22 is one of the smallest box subs I've seen, and it requires 1.5cF per woofer, ported.

If you haven't realized it yet, you can't have what you are asking for. If you try it will sound like arse.

If you haven't realized it yet, you can't have what you are asking for. If you try it will sound like arse.

So i can't do a pair of tens either? The only reason i was going to do a pair of 10s or 12s was because of having more cone area. I guess im going to have to get a single 12 then :unsure:

Single 15"...

My trunk hieght is only 13inches and that would mean i would have to build a whole new box and make it slanted which im not looking to do lol. What 12's that can handle 1200 watts, are low end monster, and have some good output. My budget is 350(very max)

@ what impedance?

Assuming 1 ohm

SSA Icon 12"

SS RL-p 12"

Fi BL/Q 12"

SI BM 12"

All would sound good in a 2.0-2.2ft^3 tuned to ~30Hz enclosure

So i can't do a pair of tens either? The only reason i was going to do a pair of 10s or 12s was because of having more cone area. I guess im going to have to get a single 12 then :unsure:

Hey you were the one that asked for 12's...

@ what impedance?

Assuming 1 ohm

SSA Icon 12"

SS RL-p 12"

Fi BL/Q 12"

SI BM 12"

All would sound good in a 2.0-2.2ft^3 tuned to ~30Hz enclosure

wow. now i gotta go clean my keyboard. that's one sexy list of subwoofers. seriously.

btw, to the OP, you can indeed do the two tens in that size enclosure (1.1 each ported). and the added cone area might just bump up output a bit. while i can't remember the name of the subs, arrizx is getting them, the tens he bought call for that exact size enclosure.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: