Sign in to follow this  
BaSs_I_LoVe_YoU

Did i jack up?

i have a quick question...

i bought a dual 2 ohm Fi BL

i want to wire in to 1ohm so i can get 1500wrms out of the SAZ-1500D to the sub

can i not do that..can i only wire the sub to 2 ohms not 1ohm??

Edited by Ryan R

A single Dual 2 ohm speaker can be wired to a 1 ohm or 4 ohm load.

A single Dual 1 ohm speaker can be wired to a 0.5 ohm or 2 ohm load.

If you're using multiple speakers, then the possibilities grow from there.

Dual 2 ohm sub can be wired either to 4 ohm (series) or 1 ohm (parallel). You could also of course only excite one of the two coils with half the power of the subs ratings and have a completely different sounding woofer as well-yields a 2 ohm load.

It couldn't have taken me two minutes to type that....but DD's response wasn't there when I started.

voice coil (1) positive to voice coil (2) positive. voice coil (1) negative to voice coil (2) negative. basically run a wire from red to red and black to black. then run a red wire from one of the red terminals to the (+) side of the amp. then take a black wire and connect it to the negative (black) on the same side as you connected the (+) to and run it to the (-) side of the amp. if you need more assistance go to crutchfieldadvisor.com and go to woofer wiring options.

voice coil (1) positive to voice coil (2) positive. voice coil (1) negative to voice coil (2) negative. basically run a wire from red to red and black to black. then run a red wire from one of the red terminals to the (+) side of the amp. then take a black wire and connect it to the negative (black) on the same side as you connected the (+) to and run it to the (-) side of the amp. if you need more assistance go to crutchfieldadvisor.com and go to woofer wiring options.

You beat me to it.Also explained it.What he said ^^^^^^^^^^

Sign in to follow this