Sign in to follow this  
platnum accord

Honda accord

so just came in the mail.... 2 15's soon to come is a saz1500d.

so here are some pictures or random chit as it happens i guess.... thats all i got.

ok so first off here is the car. all these pics are off a camera phone because my dad stole my 300 dollar camera to take on a fishing trip... that jerk lol...

but here we go. with the outside.

6d2kggp.jpg

present time!!!

thanks smartass.bz steve.

6bka107.jpg

6cynn1h.jpg

5z5sqrn.jpg

62nqz6c.jpg

6d22as5.jpg

6bnhi7r.jpg

as i am really really lazy not alot has happend to the box sofar. but it now easily fits in and out of my trunk as long as i take out the panels of my trunk hahaha.

ok so here are some more random pics that i took of the subs. should have got pics of my putting in the 00 guage wire. oh well i will go get some later.

4mi7jmr.jpg

63auq20.jpg

4yqtik0.jpg

4l3m7vb.jpg

6g9hvz5.jpg

6g8vubt.jpg

and the box is still coming. all i need to do is fiberglass the port and resin the little cracks here and there and it should be done tomorrow. hopefully.

Wow... those things move a lot of air!

i got what i expected because does anyone really get loud using clarion? not really lol.

time to see if i can sell these and upgrade to some btl's. oh and gain is about 1/3rd of the way up during the vid.

k well... more random pics of upgrades i have been doing during my free time at home.

start of big 3.

4xz7v5g.jpg

5xg3l35.jpg

the start of some kick pods. well door pods actually.

6cyw1vs.jpg

and my buddy kyle seeing how roomy my sub box is.

4tzty77.jpg

4zb9u68.jpg

lol, nice

yeah well i neex more pixors of the build but i was to into it to stop and taxe them after each step lol.

so... i got nothing really dont in terms of logging my build hahaha!

i hate the fack out of the current box i have because the dam thing makes my trunk rattle so fackin loud.

i saw a bunch of these boxes being made by numerous pwople ane thought why the hell not... i shall have a go.

so here is what i came up with.

i didnt use any paper or plan this box out really :( i know fatal flaw lol.

AND I KNOW I FUDGED UP ON THE TOP PIECE SO LEAVE ME ALONE!!! lol.

4mi3ka8.jpg

4ziz986.jpg

4v7dizk.jpg

4ku1ytt.jpg

52oji47.jpg

6ga6hqx.jpg

6fymr9f.jpg

5x8gdvt.jpg

5404lrn.jpg

this was just some crazy fuggin curly fry that i thougth was cool.

4zn65fp.jpg

it is 4 cubes, sealed up and i have to say im loving hearing the bass rather then the sound of my trunk rattling.

its so much nice.

its definatly not as loud as 7 cubes at 29 hz, which clarion actually suggested 29.9 at 3.5 cubes per driver for spl so i was close.

but hey i have 2 boxes. :)

mmmmmm curly frys.

but really, what made you go with the clarions in the first place? You mostly see those at car shows inverted in mounds of shiny fiberglass because the ass is so pretty.

well i really have no other reason for going with them other then i know nobody else who has them.

and if i ask you who do you know that has them?

i really dont know anyone running them, and i know they are not going to be the loudest subs in the world by any means but it is really all i could afford at the time. and still is all i can really afford.

when more money comes i will most likley upgrade to something big!

then the 7 cubes at 29 hz might come in handy for some other subs :)

I probably should mind my place as a n00b and STFU, but I can't help myself. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that instead of compromising your choice and throwing money at questionable subs*, spend your money wisely on smaller (10-12"), quality-focused subs (Fi, SS, etc) and focus on your enclosure and listening environment. I'm learning a lot from reading Pete Kulicki's pages and studying his designs. He gives a clinic on the science behind sub enclosures.

Team Toxic Bass - Pete Kulicki

* I'm not suggesting your subs are crap, just that you're inferring that you bought the largest your budget would allow.

P.S. Yes, I'll admit they have a nice ass. ;)

i was also into the pete fad for a while lol.

that kinda ended. my car right now has a very limited space in the trunk, and i like the look of 2 drivers. i know i should be able to be louder with one driver, but where is the fun in that! oh and i made the box like this because my trunk rattles like a bitch.

when i was running them at 1 ohm of the saz1500, with a 7 cubic foot total box tuned to 29 hz. HOLY CHIT for being clarion it was loud.

i was also into the pete fad for a while lol.

that kinda ended. my car right now has a very limited space in the trunk, and i like the look of 2 drivers. i know i should be able to be louder with one driver, but where is the fun in that! oh and i made the box like this because my trunk rattles like a bitch.

when i was running them at 1 ohm of the saz1500, with a 7 cubic foot total box tuned to 29 hz. HOLY CHIT for being clarion it was loud.

Since when is proper enclosure and environment design a fad? I'm not suggesting you run out and buy a TTB box.

I'll shut up now. ;)

and there is a larger story behind why i got these drivers and the price i paid for them but i cant say any of it because steve will get mad at me.

and there is a larger story behind why i got these drivers and the price i paid for them but i cant say any of it because steve will get mad at me.

LOL, no worries. Didn't mean to stir up a bees nest.

no no im not saying anything.

your entitled to your own opinion like everyone else ;)

but i had them in an overly decent box and my trunk rattles like chit so i switched to something that does not rattle as much and it sounds soo much better to have bass and not ratles outside my car.

NONE! just clean bass.

no no im not saying anything.

your entitled to your own opinion like everyone else ;)

but i had them in an overly decent box and my trunk rattles like chit so i switched to something that does not rattle as much and it sounds soo much better to have bass and not ratles outside my car.

NONE! just clean bass.