Sign in to follow this  
michael

18" BTL

can 1-18'' BTL rip my Excursion apart with 4000 watts or do i need 2 of them? What can 1 btl do with 4000 watts or 2 with 2000 watts to each? what to hit high 140's maybe low 150's could 1 btl do this? Or would 2-15'' BTL's be happy with 2000 watts each? my boy stuck his one 13'' w7 in my X with 1300 watts and my truck was going to fall apart, but i hate jl and he has 2 w7 in his X and i need to put him down. And i need to do hair tricks.Thank Guys... mike

1 18" btl with 4000 watts should be high 40s..but its all in the install..

but its all in the install..

Can't be emphasized enough.

Doing hair tricks or low 150's doesn't automatically happen, it takes a fair bit of understanding about what your vehicle does well with...with such a large cabin to pressurize, nothing's guaranteed.

i'm not going to be that technical wt u, but if u have the space for it, go with 2 subs.

I think the Btl's are rated at 2000w a piece anyway, 4000w to 1 daily sounds not good to me.

But what do i know

Can 2-18'' btl's play loud with 2000 watts each? I dont wont to under power them or over power them. Can they slam with 2k each? And as for the box size, would 5 cubes each plus port be good? I heard the smaller the box more power, larger the box less power to reach full xmax. Is this true??? On Realmofexcursion.com some dude is running 7.5 cubes @ 31hz with 1800 watts and it slams!!! I dont want to waste my money or time if the BTL's wont play good with 2k each. Does anyone have a vid with 2000 watts or so to a 15'' or 18'' btl that slams? would like to see it. I'm running 200 amp alternator with 2 yellow tops. 1-MTX TE4001D for my subs and 2- MTX TA7804's for my highs. If the TE4001D wont power the BTL's, I was thinking of getting 2- hifonics BXi 2607 sub amp 2600 watts @ 1ohm. Will this work better for the subs??? And I see that that Shawn is only run 2500 watts to each BTL that is in his van. So why cant I get by with 2000-2500 watts to each sub. Thanks guys..... mike

Can 2-18'' btl's play loud with 2000 watts each? I dont wont to under power them or over power them. Can they slam with 2k each? And as for the box size, would 5 cubes each plus port be good? I heard the smaller the box more power, larger the box less power to reach full xmax. Is this true??? On Realmofexcursion.com some dude is running 7.5 cubes @ 31hz with 1800 watts and it slams!!! I dont want to waste my money or time if the BTL's wont play good with 2k each. Does anyone have a vid with 2000 watts or so to a 15'' or 18'' btl that slams? would like to see it. I'm running 200 amp alternator with 2 yellow tops. 1-MTX TE4001D for my subs and 2- MTX TA7804's for my highs. If the TE4001D wont power the BTL's, I was thinking of getting 2- hifonics BXi 2607 sub amp 2600 watts @ 1ohm. Will this work better for the subs??? And I see that that Shawn is only run 2500 watts to each BTL that is in his van. So why cant I get by with 2000-2500 watts to each sub. Thanks guys..... mike

there is no such thing in under powering a woofer...

Can they slam with 2k each?
Yes.
I heard the smaller the box more power, larger the box less power to reach full xmax. Is this true???

Yes.

I was thinking of getting 2- hifonics BXi 2607 sub amp 2600 watts @ 1ohm.

Stay far away from those series of Hifonics amps.

That mtx te4001d is a monster. I'd compare it to a rf T3k. If you're going to trade up for the hifonics lmk I'd love to have it!

theres a soundstream xx6500on caraudio.com for 600 and an atomic 5000 for 700$

I GOT 1 18"BTL WITH A KX2500 TUNED TO 47HZ IN A LEXUS RX300 I GOT A 151.4 SEALED AND A 154.6 WITH MY PASSENGER WINDOW OPEN.

Edited by lexus

the box isn't sealed. His windows were up and the doors/trunk were all closed.

I GOT 1 18"BTL WITH A KX2500 TUNED TO 47HZ IN A LEXUS RX300 I GOT A 151.4 SEALED AND A 154.6 WITH MY PASSENGER WINDOW OPEN.

^^^

Yes, when he says tuned to 47 hz that has to mean it is ported :) .

I used to have 2 bxi2006ds on 2 btl 18s. I was very happy with them, until I found out how they sound with more power. The amps were OK, but I'd go for 1 memphis 4k over the 2 hifonics amps any day. You should gain a theoretical 3dbs with an extra sub on the same power, so between the 2 options I'd choose 4k on 2 subs- that will be your best bet towards a hair trick.

Its really all in the install, but 150 should be do-able under the right conditions with the right installation. I know my one btl 18 with a memphis 4k was doing small hair tricks if that means anything.

^^^

Yes, when he says tuned to 47 hz that has to mean it is ported :) .

I used to have 2 bxi2006ds on 2 btl 18s. I was very happy with them, until I found out how they sound with more power. The amps were OK, but I'd go for 1 memphis 4k over the 2 hifonics amps any day. You should gain a theoretical 3dbs with an extra sub on the same power, so between the 2 options I'd choose 4k on 2 subs- that will be your best bet towards a hair trick.

Its really all in the install, but 150 should be do-able under the right conditions with the right installation. I know my one btl 18 with a memphis 4k was doing small hair tricks if that means anything.

Would 2-15'' BTL's sound better with 2k each or about the same as 2-18 BTL's??? 2-15''s are less sub to move and i think that the 15's would play better or what?

2-15''s are less sub to move and i think that the 15's would play better or what?

Nope.

More cone area doesn't affect transient response.

Woot... a full 3 Db by opening your window??

I'm ready to buy 2-18'' BTL's and would like to know if I should have the subs firing up with the port or have the port firing to the rear with the subs up? The box I have now sounds the beat with the sub and port firing to the rear doors. Any help would be great. Looking for the box to SLAM!!!! Each sub wil have 2k each for awhile until I get 1 more TE4000d. Or could 2-18'' BL's do the same will the power I have now??? Want to hit 150db or higher. Thanks

If you buy a second amp then you'll be running it at a higher impedence (2subs=1ohm, 1sub=2ohm, etc.) and so you'll have to have to get new vc to match. (if universal option) or new subs. Only experimentation can tell you what configuration of port/sub will be best, but I had good luck with crx style.

Sign in to follow this