Sign in to follow this  
yama168

whats the difference

Hey guys was wondering if anybody could tell whats the difference between these (Refurbished, Used, B-stock)?.

Iam not trying to bash anyone esp jacob iam jus very interested in the sundown line-up. Looking to buy some amps real soon

and doing my research.

thanks

Hey guys was wondering if anybody could tell whats the difference between these (Refurbished, Used, B-stock)?.

Iam not trying to bash anyone esp jacob iam jus very interested in the sundown line-up. Looking to buy some amps real soon

and doing my research.

thanks

I know that the refurbished ones have been repaired. Used ones have been powered and mounted. and I believe B-stock is generally over supply/ stuff that just didn't quite meet spec.

So is it like B stock will not put out rated power? thanks audio neon for the info

So is it like B stock will not put out rated power? thanks audio neon for the info

I was thinking more along the lines of knobs not being aligned, rca connects being tight/loose. Bad paint, stuff like that.

Straight from Jacob Fuller owner of Sundown...

"B-Stock means that they were somehow damaged in shipping from the

factory, usually very minor. full warranty coverage. "

Refurbished usually means it went in for repair to the factory and usually carries a 90 day warranty...

used will almost certainly come from Team sundown members who upgrade to bigger amps (soon we will see an influx of SAZ-1500D due to the SAZ-3000D coming out)...

I bought a B-stock SAX-100.4 from Jacob Yama.... It was EXACTLY how he described it no surprises. Full warranty... This Saturday i will be putting it in.... ;)

I'm waiting on 2 good SAZ-1500D's (waiting as in checking here for some b-stock stuff or used for a great deal) to power my 2 Q 12's........

Edited by theabunai

Straight from Jacob Fuller owner of Sundown...

"B-Stock means that they were somehow damaged in shipping from the

factory, usually very minor. full warranty coverage. "

Refurbished usually means it went in for repair to the factory and usually carries a 90 day warranty...

used will almost certainly come from Team sundown members who upgrade to bigger amps (soon we will see an influx of SAZ-1500D due to the SAZ-3000D coming out)...

I bought a B-stock SAX-100.4 from Jacob Yama.... It was EXACTLY how he described it no surprises. Full warranty... This Saturday i will be putting it in.... ;)

I'm waiting on 2 good SAZ-1500D's (waiting as in checking here for some b-stock stuff or used for a great deal) to power my 2 Q 12's........

That hits the nail on the head...

Yep, I will also add that some of the B-Stock amps weren't exactly damaged in shipping, but simply have some sort of minor error in build from the factory -- as mentioned; knobs out of alignment, or an RCA connector that is too tight. When I sell them I always point out what the flaw is so the buyer knows what they are getting.

All of the 1500Ds -- used, b-stock, and refurbished are tested on my bench before they leave here at a 0.6 DCR load until the amp gets warm. I also clamp the output to make sure they can produce as much power as a 1500D should.

I also test all other models as well but, of course, don't use a 0.6 DCR load testing 100.4s :)

PS: For the e-bay auctions I have been including a more limited warranty recently -- 90-days on refurbs, and 1-year on b-stock and used. I noticed that people were contacting dealers with prices from used, b-stock, and refurbs expecting to get price matches on a new amp since they had full warranty too.

Thanks to all who helped answer my questions. I can now make more informative purchases.

Aloha

P.S. theabunai you coming to sky's term lab session?

yes the date is july 15 @ king Inter. hope to see you there to put a face to name would be cool.

Sign in to follow this