Sign in to follow this  
Loud01Blazer

Is something wrong with my 3000d??

Ok, got my 3000d today. Wired it to 1/2 ohm, and it just doesn't seem to be putting out power. i had the gain set at about 1/2 and it just seems like it's not puttin out the power. voltage read 14.53 and amp read exactly 0.5ohms. Also, when i turn it up to where i normally listen to it at the subs start cuttin in and out so i turned the gain down more and also turned the sub control down to like 5/15 and it still does it. Voltage barely drops, and it's really not loud AT ALL. what could be the problem?? Also, the amp never went in to protect or anything, i'm stumped...

Edited by Loud01Blazer

Ok, got my 3000d today. Wired it to 1/2 ohm, and it just doesn't seem to be putting out power. i had the gain set at about 1/2 and it just seems like it's not puttin out the power. voltage read 14.53 and amp read exactly 0.5ohms. Also, when i turn it up to where i normally listen to it at the subs start cuttin in and out so i turned the gain down more and also turned the sub control down to like 5/15 and it still does it. Voltage barely drops, and it's really not loud AT ALL. what could be the problem?? Also, the amp never went in to protect or anything, i'm stumped...

Subs out of phase?

What do you mean cutting in and out? Can you explain further?

Find someone with an oscilloscope...set the gains that way.

Re-check all the connections, make sure everything is solid.

Find someone with an oscilloscope...set the gains that way.

Re-check all the connections, make sure everything is solid.

Possibly a bad ground, etc... Maybe one of the coils is wired backwards on the subs.

i took the subs out, and there wired correctly. every connection is solid as can be. my 2 1500's ran fine the way it is except the ohm load was 2 ohm strapped on the 1500's.

When the subs cut out it's almost like the cd is skippin but it's not.

If you can't figure it out send it on in to me and I'll take a look see.

anything else i should check before i box it up?

Hmmm... I would say to try it at different loads, maybe one sub at a time. Maybe another RCA source if you have one.

If that doesn't help ship it on out and I'll get it taken care of ASAP.

Last time I had subs cut out on me (not me personally but a buddy of mines) he wasn't getting enough power from the battery...

The amp was pulling more amps than the wire he had...

well i got a 200 amp alt, a yellow top under the hood a 300 amp stinger anl fuse, and stinger hpm 1/0 gauge...along with 2 stinger spv-44's(temporary) secondary batteries in the back. what more do i need to run this? like i said before i had absolutely no problems running both my 1500d's on this exact setup all day long.

well i got a 200 amp alt, a yellow top under the hood a 300 amp stinger anl fuse, and stinger hpm 1/0 gauge...along with 2 stinger spv-44's(temporary) secondary batteries in the back. what more do i need to run this? like i said before i had absolutely no problems running both my 1500d's on this exact setup all day long.

Doesn't sound like the electrical at this point. It could be an internal problem in the amp. I'd like to look at it... ship yours back and I will have a new one tested and ready to go out waiting for you so I can investigate. It's a new model so I'd like to see what kinds of problems it might have in the field.

will do. i'll try and get it shipped tomorrow. i was hoping it might have been something else but i literally checked everything, now i guess i just gotta be little bit more patient and wait on the new one :D

Indeed, I'll get the new one shipped out same or next day when I receive yours back. Shouldn't take very long... I'm going to go test it now :) Overtime for the win.

Did you check to see if ya blew your anl fuse...

Its possible for your amp to still work until it reaches a certain amperage if the fuse block isn't fully intact as well...

Alright... tested two in a row no problems at all. So one of them is waiting on you :)

Try testing the amp out in a completely different vehicle. If it still does the same then you've isolated the problem.

sounds good jacob. hopefully you'll recieve mine by wednesday. got it ready to go!

I would try puttin it in someone elses car, but all the people in my neighborhood i know are running like 12ga power and ground wire and 18ga speaker wire. lol so i don't think it would work. plus it would probably blow there sony's. the only guy i know thats into it that has a good electrical setup works like crazy and is hard to get ahold of...

Edited by Loud01Blazer

should of gotten ahold of me Danny I woulda ran down and let you hook it up in mine

sounds good jacob. hopefully you'll recieve mine by wednesday. got it ready to go!

I would try puttin it in someone elses car, but all the people in my neighborhood i know are running like 12ga power and ground wire and 18ga speaker wire. lol so i don't think it would work. plus it would probably blow there sony's. the only guy i know thats into it that has a good electrical setup works like crazy and is hard to get ahold of...

Shoulda called me ;)...

lol.

Good luck with the problem.

nG

eh.. it's all good hopefully i'll have my new one by next monday...and if the problem persists, looks like i'll be "tearin down" my truck to see whats up..

Sign in to follow this