Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

2002 Civic Progress

how long did it take you to get the rears apart. on my friends 98 it took me alone about 50 mins to take it apart and put it back togeather. it was fun :)

I had a similar experience to yours, about the same.

how long did it take you to get the rears apart. on my friends 98 it took me alone about 50 mins to take it apart and put it back togeather. it was fun :)

I had a similar experience to yours, about the same.

In my car, I still haven't put my rear seat completely back in since Saturday. The back is sitting on the hooks, but is not bolted in yet. I am still waiting to have money to get my 100.4 so I can finally be running amplified components. (although right now I don't have a driver's side midbass b/c somehow my morel decided to chit the bed on just headunit power).

Install looks very good and nice equipment also.

One thing you "might" want to do is put a dab of silicone in each fenderwell were the screws for the mounting brackets went through. Tires will throw a lot of water up there and unless you used SS, the screws will rust and let water get into the trunk. Don't want to see you ruin that nice install...

Looks great my friend. By the way would you mind taking some more pictures later of your car and such? I want to see how those altezza's look in the back. (by the way i have 02 civic as well.) Also, did you have any troubles fitting in the battery? I'm still running a RF T20001bd on the STOCK electrical....I don't know how the cars still taking it...but yeah....I've been looking for a nice sized battery to be fitting in there... Haha and by the way we installed our amps in the same place... :)

btw take a look if you'd like. http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7488

OH also....I was thinking of installing my tweets in the door panel...for example on the passenger side...the top left part of the door...right below the window....because I thought if it was there it wouldn't have anything else blocking it...but I see you actually installed yours towards the winshield...So i was wondering what you thought was better.

Edited by gone_blow_it_up

Looks great my friend. By the way would you mind taking some more pictures later of your car and such? I want to see how those altezza's look in the back. (by the way i have 02 civic as well.) Also, did you have any troubles fitting in the battery? I'm still running a RF T20001bd on the STOCK electrical....I don't know how the cars still taking it...but yeah....I've been looking for a nice sized battery to be fitting in there... Haha and by the way we installed our amps in the same place... :)

btw take a look if you'd like. http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7488

OH also....I was thinking of installing my tweets in the door panel...for example on the passenger side...the top left part of the door...right below the window....because I thought if it was there it wouldn't have anything else blocking it...but I see you actually installed yours towards the winshield...So i was wondering what you thought was better.

Fitting the battery was no problem. I just had to remove the end plastic piece on the air intake and then notch the battery hold-down plate as this battery is wider. Very simple "mod" for a much larger battery.

More car pics:

CivicBack.jpg

CivicFront.jpg

I like the tweeters up high the in A-pillar, I've done it in several installs. Your suggested position works pretty good as well, I've done it before. I prefer the A-pillar personally since it does seem to raise the soundstage a bit.

Fitting the battery was no problem. I just had to remove the end plastic piece on the air intake and then notch the battery hold-down plate as this battery is wider. Very simple "mod" for a much larger battery.

More car pics:

CivicBack.jpg

CivicFront.jpg

I like the tweeters up high the in A-pillar, I've done it in several installs. Your suggested position works pretty good as well, I've done it before. I prefer the A-pillar personally since it does seem to raise the soundstage a bit.

Looks awesome man. I think your right about the tweeter placement as well, when I do get my components in I'll probably be placing them there. Now I'm just trying to imagine a white civic with those altezza's.

Sign in to follow this