Sign in to follow this  
MikeJ

1500d and what 1 sub @ 1ohm ?

I need some help I just bought a 1500d and would like to run it at 1ohm but I only want 1 sub. 1 12 or 15 that I can run sealed that can take 1500wrms. I still want a good sounding sub. I know about the TC 3000 but would like some other choices please. Dont want to spend more then 350.

Thanks for your help.

Mike J.

Thinking about a Icon 15 but dont want to blow it. :Doh:

You won't blow the Icon if you set the gains properly.

How about an FI BL 15" woofer? Or even a BTL, used you can get one in your range.

I was looking at FI but I am not sure you can run the BL or BTL sealed I only saw the specs for ported. If you can run them sealed I would have to give it a try. Also thinking about a Mag if I can fine one use at the same time I have the money for one.I would have to take it easy on the gains.

By the way thanks for the fast shipment on the 1500d could not belive how fast I got it.

If you are worried about the power maybe the Q with the BP option is an idea.

A Q would be the most accurate, A BL would likely be the loudest, and a BTL, while also very loud, would allow you to add another amp later and get REAL loud.

For the money the Q would be a great choice, but I am not fond of the sealed sound personally. You could finad a used mag or a Soundsplinter as well and just watch the gains. My RLP was given 1200 daily sealed and never blinked.

For the money the Q would be a great choice, but I am not fond of the sealed sound personally. You could finad a used mag or a Soundsplinter as well and just watch the gains. My RLP was given 1200 daily sealed and never blinked.

A used mag would be prime for sealed!

If I could find a used mag that would be my 1st choice. Think about the Havoc if waiting for some box specs.

MJ