Sign in to follow this  
InhumanAck

Problem with my xt-25

The - terminal on my xt-25 came completely out when i was disassembling my towers. Didnt have a problem with the + terminal or either on the other towers tweet. I wouldnt think it would be very difficult to pop the back cover off and re-solder it, but upon further inspection theres what looks to be little spots of ca preventing the back cover to come loose from the key-way...should i send it in?

..and is there any possibility i can get ahold of anymore 6.5"s, xt-25's, and these x-over parts anymore?

thanks

Edited by InhumanAck

The - terminal on my xt-25 came completely out when i was disassembling my towers. Didnt have a problem with the + terminal or either on the other towers tweet. I wouldnt think it would be very difficult to pop the back cover off and re-solder it, but upon further inspection theres what looks to be little spots of ca preventing the back cover to come loose from the key-way...should i send it in?

..and is there any possibility i can get ahold of anymore 6.5"s, xt-25's, and these x-over parts anymore?

thanks

I don't know when you can get the mids again but the XO parts you should be able to get from parts express or madisound all you need is the value of the components. Madisound also sells the xt25 tweeters both the larger flanged ones and the smaller one which I believe is the one you are looking for here is a Link You should also be able to find all the xo parts there too.

thanks for your reply..

It would be nice if i could get a reply from someone who represents the company i purchased these speakers from????..being there isnt anyway to get ahold of anyone, i assumed i could recieve somekind of help here?????

Yes, please go ahead and send the tweeter in to me at:

Fi Car Audio

Attn: Scott

5480 Cameron St #107

Las Vegas NV 89118

Please be sure to include a sheet of paper with your name, address, email, and phone number with the tweeter so we can get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Scott

Tweeter was repaired and sent out 2 days ago. It should be to you via the USPS in another couple of days. Measures good as new :)

Thanks,

Scott

Had the same thing happen to one of mine when taking off my door panels a few weeks ago. I left Chad a VM, but never heard back, so I ordered a replacement from Madisound. I didn't expect him to warranty it, just wanted to order a replacement.

The terminals aren't held in very well on those tweeters as I learned the hard way....

OT: Is Chad even associated with AA anymore? Seems like he's disappeared and Scott is doing all the talking for AA now.

No problem... Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Sign in to follow this