Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SD-1 v.2 Proto Pics

The SD-1 v.2 protos are in... they take everything the SD-1 was good at and take it up a notch.

1) They are even shallower at only 4.5" mounting depth (10" model).

2) They have more linear x-max.

3) They have a 2.5" voice coil so they will handle twice as much power thermally.

4) They maintain the efficiency of the original SD-1.

5) They maintain the small box requirements of the original SD-1.

6) They maintain the low-end performance of the original SD-1.

7) They are now DVC 4 ohm for more wiring options.

8) They now have a rubber mounting gasket.

These subs will throw down in very small enclosures and will now handle much more power. Ideal for shallow truck enclosures! They utilize a single 6" diameter magnet slug to achieve the necessary flux. Behind the cone you will find a progressive roll spider and a special treatment applied to the back of surround and upper lip of the cone to get more stability from the surround and to bring the Mms to where it needed to be. The leads are offset out to the sides and slightly raised to eliminate the possibility for slapping and the motor itself has quite a bit of clearance for the coil due to a deeply bumped back plate.

My apology for the low quality photos... I recently broke my digital camera and have not yet replaced it:

IMAGE_00017.jpg

IMAGE_00018.jpg

IMAGE_00020.jpg

MSRP will be around $229 - 249 (pending finalized build costs) for this USA built subwoofer. When they are available contact your favorite dealer for best pricing!

man that lil baby looks nice have you ran power to it yet

Sure did :) It will move a surprising amount for a 4.5" deep speaker!

The primary target market for this woofer is under-seat or behind-seat truck enclosures, especially for those who still want a great sounding woofer for this application.

The 4-spoke cast basket allowed me to make this woofer even shallower than the original SD-1 AND increase linear excursion capabilities. The same narrow profile surround from the original SD-1 was utilized to avoid "smacking" the floor of the truck, or the bottom of the seat (depending on orientation) -- it still allows substantial travel beyond the actual linear capabilities of the motor.

The two prototypes will quite likely go directly to a customer through one of my dealers... at which point a good 3rd party review will be available on the protos to see if I met all of my goals!

Good Looking speaker.

UGH! I could have kept my HCCA if I would have known these were going to be DVC 4ohm units! Oh well all sundown for amps and bass isn't a bad thing I guess, will these still run well off of a 100.2?

UGH! I could have kept my HCCA if I would have known these were going to be DVC 4ohm units! Oh well all sundown for amps and bass isn't a bad thing I guess, will these still run well off of a 100.2?

Sure will :) You can run them to a 4 ohm load on your 100.2 no problem.

Like I said, they are just as efficient as the original SD-1 (actually 0.1 dB higher on sensitivity) -- but they have the potential for more thermal power handling and more x-max.

Nice, i was impressed with the sd-1 v1's as it was. Im not going to lie i was a littl skeptical the first time i saw the sd-1 v1 but once you get your hands on one your mind changes. I been playing with my sd-1 10's alot lattly and have been more impressed for the price tag. Cant wait to get my hands on a pair of the v2's. Loving the improvments, cant wait to see how it performs. Keep up the good work Jacob.

Corey

Perfect for the standard cab owner, where were these 5 years ago? Nice design Jake, like it alot.

Well thats cool on the efficiency, I just sold off my HCCA 250G4 which put out 800wattsx1@1ohm so I could have used it with the V2s assuming it wouldn't be too much power. But like I said it will look nice to have matching amps and I am not concerned about the 100.2 either.

More amps, less subs :P

Gotta follow demand :)

No worries... I'm still developing amps as well, but I need sub lines to satisfy my dealers.

IMHO a pair would be perfect on a SAE-1000D

This is an option :) I only suggest that much power in tiny enclosures as the woofer doesn't really need tons of juice to get moving!

IMHO a pair would be perfect on a SAE-1000D

This is an option :) I only suggest that much power in tiny enclosures as the woofer doesn't really need tons of juice to get moving!

:morepower1:

Any idea on a ball park release date?

Corey

hmmm how small would be small enough to warrant a 1000d? .3cf? .4cf? .5cf?

0.5 or so should be good to go mechanically.

It looks like an SD-1 V.2 :) -- literally the ONLY thing in common with any Treo sub ever made is the basket. Same basket used by hundreds of other subs. Works great since it's one of the shallowest cast baskets out there.

---

X-max is 12mm.

Sign in to follow this