Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

The Mag is coming!

The prototype is in flight right now after being assembled and is scheduled to arrive at our facility tomorrow. The reps and I have known about the arrival for a few days but I'm posting this now to let you all know when the proto is scheduled to arrive. I'll take pictures and get them posted by this weekend. This weekend will also be the initial testing of the new Mag, and it's going to be a tough test! We're going to position the new Mag against the old/current Mag and our testing will be published complete with numbers of the comparission.

Anyway, the new Mag proto is coming soon!

*Puts on Superman theme song record*

So would that make you Marlon Brando?

the anticipation is driving me nutz....

Will there be any pre-order news announced after the beating tomorrow?

Edited by Que

I personally can't wait to see this thing, A light-weight, small box driver would work well in my fit for daily driving :)

So has it been determined yet if the woofer would be initially available in a 15" version yet? if So I may consider selling my Fi Q

So has it been determined yet if the woofer would be initially available in a 15" version yet? if So I may consider selling my Fi Q

I would like to know this also, as I really don't want another 12" sub. :lickscreen:

if you been following , i believe it was posted that there would only be a 12 initially

The intial offering will be a 12" with D2 coils only.

I am really wanting to see what this driver is capable of. It is added to the possible new driver list for me pending price point and time line. :fing34:

Unfortunately, only a 12" version will be made. I am contemplating on waiting for a new 15" anything by SI. I am very excited about the new technologies utilized on the new Mag, but I really only want one amazing sub, and it better be shallow(or not - no biggie) sub, which will work in small sealed enclosure. I am probably just going to look the other way, until I get my wish. I am stabborn that way, if I am set on something, that is all I want, and I want a 15" teched out to the max. I do want a new SI sub. I had one 12" ported, but I sold it when I heard new version is coming, and at that point I thought I would get a 15". Imagine my disapointment?

darn i was looking for a 12" mag

You mean 15" mag?

And am I just a little slow on the uptake or did you not tell us you finally had pics of the new mag basket posted on your website? Till now all I had seen were the sketches that were posted on audiojunkies.

newmag.jpg

Edited by soydeedo

The pics have been up for a few weeks now. :) I didn't post them on here because I want more people visiting the web page.

PS: The proto may or may not have come a day early. :D :D Stay tuned to this thread!!! No, I'm not going to post anything yet, but I'll post something tomorrow.

The pics have been up for a few weeks now. :) I didn't post them on here because I want more people visiting the web page.

PS: The proto may or may not have come a day early. :D :D Stay tuned to this thread!!! No, I'm not going to post anything yet, but I'll post something tomorrow.

I can't wait until the weekend!

Oh, well damn. I just check here and audiojunkies for news about SI. Maybe a good idea would be to have a newsletter for when you update your site? Just a quick email to let people know to look.

I'm already subscribed to email updates for the SI forum here just for this kind of news. =)