fuzzyping

2002 Toyota 4Runner

Looks like I won't be done this weekend after all. None of the local stores carry a circular jig, so I had to order the Jasper #200 from PE. I won't have it until Wednesday.

I started working with the new Jasper jig after I got home from the Bourne Ultimatum tonight (kickass). Working with this jig is heaven. I got the sub hole cut, and glued the front wall and all of the corner "deflectors" into place. I should be able to get the top mounted and everything screwed into place tomorrow night. Enjoy the few pics...

20070803c.jpg

20070803a.jpg

20070803b.jpg

wanna build mine next? nice set up in the shop

Sure, I rather enjoy building them. Just don't ask me to design one, I'm clueless on the physics of ported boxes. :)

I just finished up the T-Box and installed it in the 4Runner. The output is at least the same as the last "t-line" attempt although the curve is flat all the way down. Denim, you need to come hear this one. :)

P.S. I'll try to get some pics uploaded tomorrow, I'm exhausted from being at the hospital all day.

P.P.S. The SAE-1500D prototype is arriving on Monday. I can't wait to hear that amp pushing the RL-i8 in this box! :domoslay:

I just finished up the T-Box and installed it in the 4Runner. The output is at least the same as the last "t-line" attempt although the curve is flat all the way down. Denim, you need to come hear this one. :)

P.S. I'll try to get some pics uploaded tomorrow, I'm exhausted from being at the hospital all day.

P.P.S. The SAE-1500D prototype is arriving on Monday. I can't wait to hear that amp pushing the RL-i8 in this box! :domoslay:

Nice, very,very, nice.

P.P.P.S. Me3

Two words:

Holy crap!

The SAE-1500D prototype came in today. Although the sink doesn't match my SAX-100.4 or SAX-100.2, it looks sharp. The all-black cover has a rugged simplicity that I really like. I first plugged it in without changing my sub's wiring (series @ 8 ohms). Even at 1/3 gain, it easily outmuscled the 100.2. After rewiring it to 2 ohms... whoa. Not only have I identified numerous areas for deadening, but I'm going to have to deaden the front license plate!!!

[Remember, this is a single RL-i8]

I chit you not, me and my wife were laughing our asses off. The entire 4Runner was shaking at half-volume. I really want to check out the excursion on the RL-i8, but I'm worried the neighbors will call the cops. I'll try to find somewhere to video the new combo over the next few days.

more power is more better :rocking:

pics of the amps together or :banhim:

:)

I have to run by the hospital this evening, so the video will probably have to wait yet another day.

I just picked up a 2nd RL-i8 D4 from Mike. FedEx estimates delivery of next Tuesday. Guess I'll be working on a new sealed enclosure this weekend.

:)

hey man wanna build a box for my 4runner. haha it would be easy since you already know the dimensions and all of the car.

It's been a while, but I'm starting to get back to work on my system. After blowing out a SAZ-1500D, I've ordered one of the SAX-100.2's on special to get me by until I can ship the 1500D off for repairs and upgrade my wiring. The 100.2 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so I'll probably put the T-box back in the 4Runner to gain some extra "umph".

It's always bothered me that the staging in my 4Runner has been chit. I installed the tweeters in the factor A-pillar triangles, leaving me on-axis at ear level. This sucked for both driver and passenger. Lo and behold, I was digging through my parts downstairs and found the flush-mount hardware for the tweeters. I took out my kick panels and found a good space to mount it. Fortunately I had the 1.75" hole-saw or it would have drove me nuts overnight thinking about it. A few minutes later and the holes were perfect.

Installed the tweeters in their new location and wow, what a difference. The right stage isn't fighting for attention, and the center stage is properly represented. I might try different variations of axis, but I'm very pleased right out of the gates.

IMG_0939.jpg

-fp

I hope to hear it when you are all done. :)

New goodies in the mail today. The EPIC 12" is just for playing around (maybe). Picked it up from PE as part of that TC blowout.

2419191101_b73638f5fe.jpg?v=0

2419191161_ee43b05b46.jpg?v=0

The Alpine will be replacing my Pioneer DEH-5900iB.

2420005160_42f9bb381a.jpg?v=0

New video is up. Sorry for the crappy quality, took it with my wife's camera... in a dark garage. :-P

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>