00mustang

first system

He called it a system, a front stage is a system. Subs and stock crap are not.

Where I'm from, system means anything from a pair of rear 6x9's to a complete overhaul of the vehicle. System was more than one component that wasn't originally on the car.

Typically, it was used meaning a pair of subs and an amp.

Where you are from sucks.

I lol'd

x2 :+1:

:lol2: sorry but that was hilarious

So let me get this straight...

M5 says something stupid (subs and stock crap are not a "system"), I correct him nicely, he says something mean to me, and now there's a lol circlejerk?

WTF?

I suspect you guys aren't getting your recommended daily allowance of CA.com....go be dicks there.

When mods are being dicks...users leave

then please do leave

Gladly.

I've had more trouble with M5 on another board...we've known each other for quite some time. Don't know what I've done to piss him off, but I really don't care. If mods want me gone, I'm gone.

It's a shame he has to be an ass on EVERY board he goes to, because he's on quite a few.

Anyone want to buy a BTL and some Sundowns? I think I'm going DD.

He called it a system, a front stage is a system. Subs and stock crap are not.

Where I'm from, system means anything from a pair of rear 6x9's to a complete overhaul of the vehicle. System was more than one component that wasn't originally on the car.

Typically, it was used meaning a pair of subs and an amp.

Where you are from sucks.

I lol'd

x2 :+1:

:lol2: sorry but that was hilarious

So let me get this straight...

M5 says something stupid (subs and stock crap are not a "system"), I correct him nicely, he says something mean to me, and now there's a lol circlejerk?

WTF?

I suspect you guys aren't getting your recommended daily allowance of CA.com....go be dicks there.

When mods are being dicks...users leave

then please do leave

If a mod wants me gone....they have the power to make it so.

Edited by dopey

ok..slow down. noone really wants anyone to go, but at the same time, don't just huff and puff.

simply put, ///M5 is a purest. his version of sq and a system is going to be completely different then a groundpounders. and he's pretty damn intelligent to boot, so when he makes a comment, it's sure to rub some people the wrong way. is say this, the off topic stops.....eitherr help the op, or don't. but take the argument to it's own thread in offtopic. have at it there.

and to be honest, a single 8 (if it's the right one, in the right enclosure) will easily drop as low as a 12. and be jsut as loud. and in an 00 mustang, space is an issue, going with a great pair of 8s in a good enclosure is going to give one quite a bit of thump.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I've had more trouble with M5 on another board...we've known each other for quite some time. Don't know what I've done to piss him off, but I really don't care. If mods want me gone, I'm gone.

It's a shame he has to be an ass on EVERY board he goes to, because he's on quite a few.

Anyone want to buy a BTL and some Sundowns? I think I'm going DD.

Just chill - I see where you're coming from ... just let it run off your back. :)

I had many bad experiences with DD when I was dealing with them :(

I just want to add, that I would also second the 2 8" route in an 00 mustang. And system to me means:

Headunit, at least one set of speakers, sub stage and amps.

... The 12 will go deeper(louder) than the 8's....

deeper and louder are two completely different things, and both are completely dependent on the install and the driver(woofer).

Foor Goodness sakes please stop Quoting over and over. If I wanted to re read everything I would have scrolled up

On Topic:

00 Mustang what are you goals for the vehicle.

If your looking for sq two 8's or one 10 or one twelve may be the ticket

If your looking for SPL fitting the most surface area of sub in a ported box with adequate airspace is sufficient

Foor Goodness sakes please stop Quoting over and over. If I wanted to re read everything I would have scrolled up

On Topic:

00 Mustang what are you goals for the vehicle.

If your looking for sq two 8's or one 10 or one twelve may be the ticket

If your looking for SPL fitting the most surface area of sub in a ported box with adequate airspace is sufficient

if you don't want to read it then don't?

if you're looking for SQ the size of the driver doesn't matter, the enclosure and type of driver matters a lot.

if you don't want to read it then don't?

I'm not, you guys are wearing my scrolling wheel out though lol

For your first system you could start off many different ways. Sub stage Front stage ect... Im not going to say either is best to start off with, but I will say this. Think out your system in its entirety. Get a game plan for the whole thing and then start. Its better to plan out the entire system ahead of time so you dont make mistakes by buying or installing un-needed components.

1. power supply (alt, batt/s, amp/s, big3)

2. HU

3. Front stage

4. Sub stage

5. And any equalization or processing that you feel you need.

6. Dampening

OK im 16 and i want to add some bump to my ride. I'll worry about the front stage later since i dont have a lot of cash. I'm more worried about SPL but dont want it to sound like chit. My question is in the right install what has more potential to be louder and sound better while doing it.

4 8" AA assassins or 2 12" FI SSD's. Both will be put in optimal enclosures tuned to 32 or 33HZ since i mostly listen to rap.

If you can fit 2 12" ported, then do that.

One 12" SSD has more Sd, and Xmax than 2 of those 8's. So based on that alone, I would choose 2x12's over 4x8's.

Save your cash and when you get the subs and amp, get a new HU at the same time. I started with a JVC, and while the "sq nazi's" may frown on it, it IS a lot better than stock...and if you get 3 rca outs, it will make the install (and future installs) MUCH easier.

g/l

Edited by dopey

I'd agree with the 2 12s because I'm not a fan of lots of subs, smaller or not. I've tried both approaches to upgrading the entire system, and upgrading the front stage first was by far the most rewarding. It made added bass that much better, while the extra bass with factory speakers just didn't sound right- not enough highs/mids.

Chances are if you're 16 and looking for a system 12s will make you happier though, so go with it.

Where I'm from sucks too dude, there isn't a termlab for an hours drive, so don't sweat it. two 15s is 'insane' around here :D

and yes, a 'system' to most also just means that you've added subs, although the term system indicates several components added together to make a whole... oh well.