Sign in to follow this  
Croz

does a mag run in....?

does a Magnum D2 12" come in dual 2 ohms or 4 ohms?

P.S.

just something thats been on my mind ever since i found stereo integrity forums...

With the Mag being such a good subwoofer how come stereo integrity isnt up there with JL audio, Rockford, Kicker, and the other leading brands?

does a Magnum D2 12" come in dual 2 ohms or 4 ohms?

P.S.

just something thats been on my mind ever since i found stereo integrity forums...

With the Mag being such a good subwoofer how come stereo integrity isnt up there with JL audio, Rockford, Kicker, and the other leading brands?

The magnum 12 and 15 are both DVC 2 ohm.

What do you mean by, "up there?" Are you talking about sales? SI is a new company for one, and we don't have the advertising budget or the dealer network of those companies :)

I wouldn't say up there....I'd say "better than"...hehe...

Money makes the world go round Croz...

I wouldn't say up there....I'd say "better than"...hehe...

Money makes the world go round Croz...

It's all subjective anyways, but If you were to give me a W7 or a Mag for free, I'd take the dub7......

Then sell it and buy to more MAGs!!!!!!!!!! :D

"up their" u mean by mainstream... Si is a fairly new company... unlike the other thats been around for years... built up a name.. and is selling just that, their name, not product.. while Si, doesnt have their name out their YET.... so they have to sell a GREAT product to become as u say "up their"

they are "up there" on top of the quality charts!!! I have owned many different JL series subs and LOVE my mag more than my 3 12w3s I currently have in my closet. btw- I happily replace those three with one 15" mag.

Not really sure here, but if the mags r so good how come they are not in mags, talkin about how this person won this comp and destroyed the competition and so forth

IT might be but i have not read it anywhere.

I'm not being biased just something one of the car audio dealers said to me when i told him about my Sexxx. and i was like :unsure: Um IDK :blink::( :thud: :boxin: :finger::slayer::D:P:+1:

We have been beating people in the lanes. :) Just ask Hoss.

But we are a very small company and don't have lots and lots of American dollars to throw around at advertising, which is why you haven't seen us in magazines.

As you can see from your replies and other threads on this, and other forums, our subwoofers will keep up with the best of them. :D

Not really sure here, but if the mags r so good how come they are not in mags, talkin about how this person won this comp and destroyed the competition and so forth

IT might be but i have not read it anywhere.

I'm not being biased just something one of the car audio dealers said to me when i told him about my Sexxx. and i was like :unsure: Um IDK :blink::( :thud: :boxin: :finger::slayer::D:P:+1:

And how many people are actually competing with Magnums??? Think about it, the majority of people who buy drivers are not going to ever see a competition, so that's really not a testament to anything.

I remember back in the day when JL first became known, not many people would touch their stuff, it was all Pyle, RF, and MTX. Now look.......... ;)

PYLE :blink::wacko: :thud:

Yes, Pyle. Back in the day, Pyle had some good stuff. Hell, i'll take some old school Pyle Pros, or Pyle Driver I or IIs anyday. I actually look for them time to time on Ebay.

now that i think about it my brother bought some, and had to many watts going to them and bye bye for them, but they did pound pretty hard. So i take that back.

the only question needed to be asked when considering a Mag.....

"Got Balls?" :slayer::slayer:

ha ha, okay ready for an unbiased opinion, meaning I don't own the mag anymore?

I sold my mag 15" because I wanted try all the supersubs. After owning the 13w7 10w7 12w6 10w3's 12w0s 10w0s, Kicker competitions (old better series), round solobarics, Image dynamics IDQ's, Alumapro Alchemy 12's, Pioneer Premiers, RF xlc 10's and 12's, Orion xtr 15's, Orion Cobalt 15's, Orion 2nt 12's, Focal PolyKevlars, Eclipse Aluminum, MTx 5000, 7000, 6000, and 8000 series, idmax, Elemental Designs E12a and 15A, Image Dynamics SPL 15, and hearing just about every sub you could think of in other people's cars the mag 15" was the best sub I'd ever owned. Awesome sound quality (great accuracy, natural, blended VERY well with front stage, no bad peaks, good low end, good punch, sounds good with all music and doesn't need Eq'd to death). And my god did it get loud with 1000w, ported and sealed just got SOOOOOO loud. With 2000w its just a monster, I mean just crazy loud even sealed.

But I hadn't heard the brahma or xxx which were the big hype so I had to try one so I sold the mag which took me like 2 weeks to actually sell it to the seller hehe, I bought a

xxx 15". Now I'd have to say this sub did beat the Mag in accuracy, and for playing the bass exactly as it was recorded, BUT had no punch because it was a true sub and was not musical. For you to get good tonal balance and get as loud as the Magnum you'd need to pair up some 8" or 10" midbass's because the sub had no output above 55hz and if you've ever tried getting 6's to play down to 60hz and get LOUD you'd know it just doesn't work. Especially if you wanted to get the xxx loud and still maintain tonal balance. It also required twice the power to get as loud as the magnum.

If I had the choice and had 8" midbass's (with about 1000w just for them) and a 3000w amp, a VERY powerful alternator, I would use the xxx and because I don't have all this (although I have the power and I will be getting 10" midbass's but I just don't like the bad efficiency) i will not be using it. But with anything less the magnum would be my choice of sub and it will be again shortly. ALthough I have an Orion H2 15" which I will be installing tomorrow, and I'll be doing a review of it. I'm waiting for the Mag 15's to be in stock again so I wanted to try a couple more subs out before its ready.

Anyway, so far its wooped ass on every sub I've heard and i don't know if you know this but these subs JUST came out so how the hell would they be in tweeter or any other high end shop yet?

Edited by stangme01

ha ha, okay ready for an unbiased opinion, meaning I don't own the mag anymore?

I sold my mag 15" because I wanted try all the supersubs. After owning the 13w7 10w7 12w6 10w3's 12w0s 10w0s, Kicker competitions (old better series), round solobarics, Image dynamics IDQ's, Alumapro Alchemy 12's, Pioneer Premiers, RF xlc 10's and 12's, Orion xtr 15's, Orion Cobalt 15's, Orion 2nt 12's, Focal PolyKevlars, Eclipse Aluminum, MTx 5000, 7000, 6000, and 8000 series, idmax, Elemental Designs E12a and 15A, Image Dynamics SPL 15, and hearing just about every sub you could think of in other people's cars the mag 15" was the best sub I'd ever owned. Awesome sound quality (great accuracy, natural, blended VERY well with front stage, no bad peaks, good low end, good punch, sounds good with all music and doesn't need Eq'd to death). And my god did it get loud with 1000w, ported and sealed just got SOOOOOO loud. With 2000w its just a monster, I mean just crazy loud even sealed.

But I hadn't heard the brahma or xxx which were the big hype so I had to try one so I sold the mag which took me like 2 weeks to actually sell it to the seller hehe, I bought a

xxx 15". Now I'd have to say this sub did beat the Mag in accuracy, and for playing the bass exactly as it was recorded, BUT had no punch because it was a true sub and was not musical. For you to get good tonal balance and get as loud as the Magnum you'd need to pair up some 8" or 10" midbass's because the sub had no output above 55hz and if you've ever tried getting 6's to play down to 60hz and get LOUD you'd know it just doesn't work. Especially if you wanted to get the xxx loud and still maintain tonal balance. It also required twice the power to get as loud as the magnum.

If I had the choice and had 8" midbass's (with about 1000w just for them) and a 3000w amp, a VERY powerful alternator, I would use the xxx and because I don't have all this (although I have the power and I will be getting 10" midbass's but I just don't like the bad efficiency) i will not be using it. But with anything less the magnum would be my choice of sub and it will be again shortly. ALthough I have an Orion H2 15" which I will be installing tomorrow, and I'll be doing a review of it. I'm waiting for the Mag 15's to be in stock again so I wanted to try a couple more subs out before its ready.

Anyway, so far its wooped ass on every sub I've heard and i don't know if you know this but these subs JUST came out so how the hell would they be in tweeter or any other high end shop yet?

So many points I could argue with my own opinion here, but you still chose the Magnum, so why would I??? Good selection fo drivers you've had there also. :D

I was waiting on Stang to review the XXX. He HAS owned a lot of subs and does very good reviews. He also has owned a lot of Component sets if you guys at SI want to hook him up with a set he will put it up against some of the best I am sure and give you a very professional and unbiased review. :slayer: