Renegadesrun

Why won't ****** sponsor me when i do local comps

Simple.

All anyone would have to do to receive competitor pricing is say "i do local comps". Hell if this were a way to get dealer pricing or even near it EVERYONE would say so. This kind of marketing is not in the companies best interest in any way shape or form. MSRP is where the money is at,.....period.

What makes a person a decent candidate? One who actually listens to the questions he has asked. Done his homework, built 3026 different enclosures, pissed off his wife, neglected his kids, spent his college money, given up all hope of daily music, uses a product that can actually "get loud", is prepared to spend 1/4 of what he makes on traveling/admission/equipment, doesnt care how far it is away (only that the POS will make it there), quit posting daily on the net (cuz that is time missed working on getting louder).......and many other minor things sans one. Kick ass ,and take names, in the lanes, ....organized.

THEN ASK.

Anything other than that? Its a joke, and you, likely are one as well. So in the future, if you get turned down and you havent done 3/4, or better, than the above? Dont even bother to whine in here if you get turned down. Nothing in car audio is free, and we dont have a welfare program, so be prepared to get a job, deal, pawn your p)rn collection, or sell your silver spoon on your road to a trophy and a pat on the back.

Sweet. I think you meant to reply to another topic.

Sweet. I think you meant to reply to another topic.

Tried to clear it up, but couldnt, so i decided to attempt to head off any other attempts at "something for nothing" in the future. :woot:

I've never been one for introductions, but since it was never formally done....

LB, Marshall

Marshall, LB

:Doh:

If I had built 3026 enclosures that would mean one different one every day since I was a freshman in highschool :)

Gotta save the prn collection though.

I admire your ambition sir.

Nice post. Not saying you didn't say this, but I think the bottom line is that a company will sponsor people when there is an incentive for them to do so, and no, feeling good about being nice to other people doesn't count. Advertising that will lead to sales corresponding to more money in profit than has been invested does, and in order for your vehicle to give them that, you have to possess a number of the above characteristics.

LB, Marshall

Marshall, LB

haha...what up foooooo

Man...we didn't even begin to start discussing anything....the thread was cut so short...he said something that he deleted and others copied it...and when I checked back in...it was closed.

He's soooooo GANGSTA!

Dude needs a box of crayons and a speak n' spell...get his friggin vocab and spelling a little more refined. geez....I tried to lay it to him easy....but he wasn't gettin it.

Hmm.....well...i just got this when i tuned in...

1/1sorry ( From: Lord Baccus )

im sorry for the missunderstanding.

i did not intend to come off wrong so i deleted part of the message when i realized i had missunderstood what you were saying...my bad...

if theres anything you can think of that i can do better please help me i dont know much but im trying to figure it all out !

i know i am a bad speller. sorry im @ work and dont have time to run spell check on everything.

i use a Massive p3000.1 amp

& have 2 15" Pap WMDs

trading the singel 15" MOAB for the SoundStream T4 15" i sold

so ill have a pair of ss 15" this week as well

will build anything !!! iv tried everything i can think of, and only got up to 151db

i measured from where i will have the subs and came up with 7ft to the mic location,

did the math 7x4=28 1131devided by 28 came out to 40.5Hz

so i figured if i port 10Hz down i should peek near the target of 40.5 ish ???

all i need is someone that knows what to do and is willing to offer addvice

if you can offer any help i thank you.

He man'd up...and stomped his pride...still missed the spell checker

soooo....if he drops his half assed ghetto slang he was using in that other thread....and finds the time <shakes head>and uses a spell checker for everything accept common slang....accepts that he's too small time for any company to take him seriously....quits bitching about a sponsorship he never had....

He'll get the help he's asking for....but we just won't give him "the formula" ...we'll give him the skeleton...the tricks he'll have to figure out for himself.....

or should I just give him BKOLFO4's cell phone number and have him pester the hell out of him since they are fairly close to each other. Brian is already loud in his low tuned wall....maybe Brian needs a protege`? LOL....you can learn allot having a protege.... :lol2:

Edited by black00

LB, Marshall

Marshall, LB

haha...what up foooooo

Call me sometime fool :horse:

i did not intend to come off wrong so i deleted part of the message when i realized i had missunderstood what you were saying...my bad...

if theres anything you can think of that i can do better please help me i dont know much but im trying to figure it all out !

i know i am a bad speller. sorry im @ work and dont have time to run spell check on everything.

& have 2 15" Pap WMDs

will build anything !!! iv tried everything i can think of, and only got up to 151db

i measured from where i will have the subs and came up with 7ft to the mic location,

soooo....if he drops his half assed ghetto slang he was using in that other thread....and finds the time <shakes head>and uses a spell checker for everything accept common slang....accepts that he's too small time for any company to take him seriously....quits bitching about a sponsorship he never had....

He'll get the help he's asking for....but we just won't give him "the formula" ...we'll give him the skeleton...the tricks he'll have to figure out for himself.....

or should I just give him BKOLFO4's cell phone number and have him pester the hell out of him since they are fairly close to each other. Brian is already loud in his low tuned wall....maybe Brian needs a protege`? LOL....you can learn allot having a protege.... :lol2:

Don't worry, he'll soon go bipolar on you. Ya know, have a pleasant PM and try to drag you through the dirt where everybody can see it.

Isn't it good to know that a simple reality check of who's who can really change a persons outlook?

& have 2 15" Pap WMDs

Don't worry, he'll soon go bipolar on you. Ya know, have a pleasant PM and try to drag you through the dirt where everybody can see it.

Isn't it good to know that a simple reality check of who's who can really change a persons outlook?

Oh yea?

That his typical "MO"????

Cause its a mofo what a pro can make a newb do....nothing like an imp spike in the wrong direction to torch a brand new 3000w amp after talkin him out of using fuses.

nothing like an imp spike in the wrong direction to torch a brand new 3000w amp after talkin him out of using fuses.

I can just picture you rolling your hands while you say this in a low voice then bellowing a loud sinister laughter after......

black00.. I thought you experienced guys just wave your hand in front of their faces and say "there is no need for fuses" and they repeat back to you "there is no need for fuses"......... LOL

I hate it when people just think things should be "handed" to them, especially when they only compete on a local level. When i had my competitor accomidation from powerbass, i was traveling quite a bit (not as much as now) and that still wasnt easy to get, I took 2nd at their finals, and i pretty much got the shaft after that.

This year, i bought all my equipment (granted it was used, but bought it from sponsored competitors) thats all soundstream (4 t4 15''s, 2 xxx6500's) and have traveled to like 7 different states (NY,MA,RI,CT,OH,WV,PA) so far this year, including 2 3x events, and havent expected a thing, dont even have a hat or t-shirt, WTF!

As for the numbers he was doing (assuming it was a burp setup) they arent all that great, so i could see why he was looked over. Hell, mines tuned to the low 30's and does better numbers in bassrace

its not hard to get a price cut in my experience..You just have to be able to conduct yourself well while speaking to said company about it..

you do have to be loud tho

MSRP is where the money is at,.....period.

Hmmm... Been into car audio since 1987, and not once, ever, in my life, have I paid MSRP. Anyone that does is an idiot. If a shop refuses to "make a deal", it's time to find another shop... you know.. one that actually wants to make money.

Most reputable shops/salesmen know that there is exponentially more money to be made with repeat business than the one time sucker sale.

Hmmm... Been into car audio since 1987, and not once, ever, in my life, have I paid MSRP. Anyone that does is an idiot. If a shop refuses to "make a deal", it's time to find another shop... you know.. one that actually wants to make money.

Most reputable shops/salesmen know that there is exponentially more money to be made with repeat business than the one time sucker sale.

True, but I'd bet at least 75% of enthusiasts don't realize that you can get more for less. That's why places like Best Buy and Circuit City still have install shops. Most people don't know about the internet based companies and the like.

True, but I'd bet at least 75% of enthusiasts don't realize that you can get more for less. That's why places like Best Buy and Circuit City still have install shops. Most people don't know about the internet based companies and the like.

Internet wasn't around in the late 80's. However, that aside, 90% of my system came from HiFi Buys. Just gotta find a salesman that likes to make sales.

Internet wasn't around in the late 80's. However, that aside, 90% of my system came from HiFi Buys. Just gotta find a salesman that likes to make sales.

True. And if they are a good salesman, they will take a deal than watch your ass on it's way out with none of your cash.

"Sure man, I'll be back, thanks for the buisness car"

We call those people "be backs" and I gar-un-fuggin-tee, the be back buss never makes enough stops to pay the rent.