Sign in to follow this  
Silverbane

Reconing Clif CD120C

I would like to get this sub reconed to 10" for SPL only. It is rated at 600 watts rms but I have burped it at over 5k no issues. Dual 2 woofer. What kinda options do I have as far as recone goes?

Got some pics here:

clif1.jpg

clif2.jpg

clif3.jpg

If it has the standard American 3" coil then odds are we could fab something up for it...otherwise no...

If it has the standard American 3" coil then odds are we could fab something up for it...otherwise no...

I was told it was a US built sub with stardard US sizes.

Looks like the eclipse basket...and already has the smaller spider flange...i'm sure we can do a recone for it, you'd have to send it in though.

Looks like the eclipse basket...and already has the smaller spider flange...i'm sure we can do a recone for it, you'd have to send it in though.

Can it be reconed toa SPL 10", do I have any options for increased power handling, what is the cost gonna be like?

ttt, scott?

Anyone answer my questions? Has customer service gone down already? I gave up on my emails after no responce for 3 months on my previous questions...

It looks Chinese to me, but it might not be... I know the basket, but havent really seen any US production with a chrome one. The toolng is available for it in China, but there is a design patent on it from the original designer here in the US

The only way I for me to know what I can do to it is to have it in house to see and measure from. Is it blown?

It looks Chinese to me, but it might not be... I know the basket, but havent really seen any US production with a chrome one. The toolng is available for it in China, but there is a design patent on it from the original designer here in the US

The only way I for me to know what I can do to it is to have it in house to see and measure from. Is it blown?

I have a pair of them. They are not blown as of yet but they are not long for this world. Trying to get my options in line.

I have no idea... I dont pay too much attention to other companies, but they do look Chinese.

Id have to have it in hand to measure and see if it can be recone or tweaked.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this