Sign in to follow this  
Jybfan04

Jacob (New Amps)

Jacob looks as though you are coming out with a new line of amps, and with that being said any plans for a 2kw???

It will be an SAZ-2000D model.

I am actually going to start prototyping this model soon.

what about an SAZ-1000D?

He has a sae-1000d that suffices in my opinion if not get 2...

We need a Saz-2000d

Indeed... I don't want too much overlap.

99% of people that buy 1000 watt amps don't need them to do 1/2 ohm or 18 volts :) Buy a big boy for that ;)

I just figured why not ask since you're looking into the SAE-1500D

It'd be nice to have a Z version of the 1000D

It is quite likely that the Z series will only carry my very large amps in the future... as my upcoming SAE amps will be *very* good :)

sae-3000d time lol.

would it be possible to make an amp that allows the user to select miniman impedence.

like i know the clarion amps have the ability to do full power at either 1 or 2 ohm's, i was just wondering if this would be a good idea for the sae line or would be too pointless and a waste of your effort.

sae-3000d time lol.

would it be possible to make an amp that allows the user to select miniman impedence.

like i know the clarion amps have the ability to do full power at either 1 or 2 ohm's, i was just wondering if this would be a good idea for the sae line or would be too pointless and a waste of your effort.

It is something I want to do later on for sure. I need to get some serious engineering done to accomplish that so I'm going to have to wait to get myself more established.

Just got myself an enterprise quality color laser printer... so I'll be mailing out Sundown brochures soon :)

haha. i just wanna say sorry i didnt go to the show here in edmonton where brad was getting bashed hardcore over your sundown product. i should have went just to see if my system stacked up against everyone elses fart cannons.

but is that a pricy creation? is that internal circuit that hard to develop?

haha. i just wanna say sorry i didnt go to the show here in edmonton where brad was getting bashed hardcore over your sundown product. i should have went just to see if my system stacked up against everyone elses fart cannons.

Any way you slice it... developing a new board is extremely expensive.

And yah... I don't know what their problem is with my products!

It is quite likely that the Z series will only carry my very large amps in the future... as my upcoming SAE amps will be *very* good :)

'X' series staying where it is or will it be changing as well in the future ?

Edited by kandiman

Staying where it is, although I am updating the crossover ranges on the next run on the 100.2 and 100.4 to allow more flexibility. Eventually the 100.4 will get 24 dB slopes (that will be a while).

keep up the good work though. im canadian and all i have to say is this is by far the best amp i have ever owned. and i for one have gone through a fair share of amps. some good some not soo good. and for a price/wattage standpoint your amps kill everything.

Any way you slice it... developing a new board is extremely expensive.

And yah... I don't know what their problem is with my products!

Crap such as that makes me very angry.

Staying where it is, although I am updating the crossover ranges on the next run on the 100.2 and 100.4 to allow more flexibility. Eventually the 100.4 will get 24 dB slopes (that will be a while).

Why did you choose the 12db slopes for these amps?

Why did you choose the 12db slopes for these amps?

Due to the way the crossover sub-boards are made that is how it had to be. I am investing in developing new sub-boards that will allow for 24 dB slopes on the 100.4 in the future. FYI, the 100.2 has 18 dB slopes and all the Class-D amps have 24 dB slopes.

I do agree a 2000 watt amp would be great!

Also Jake, how about something in the lower price range that just does 1500 @ 2ohms.

Would open you up to a fair amount more people.

IMO the SAZ-3000D is fine at 900 or so for 1500@2ohms

And congrats Jacob

J

Maybe ditch the internal crossovers??? Most head units have a built in crossover that can be used in basic setups. Most advanced setups will have some sort of processor with a built in crossover as well.

Personally, I've value an amp that is more powerful or smaller than one with bells and whistle...just my $.02.

Maybe ditch the internal crossovers??? Most head units have a built in crossover that can be used in basic setups. Most advanced setups will have some sort of processor with a built in crossover as well.

Personally, I've value an amp that is more powerful or smaller than one with bells and whistle...just my $.02.

While this is great for advanced users, many people are adding amps to setups with an LOC or setups with really basic head-units.

Sign in to follow this