Sign in to follow this  
woodplock7

SSDs arent loud at all need help!

Hey i use to have 2 (dual 2)12" kicker cvrs running off of a zx750.1 now i have 2 (dual 2)12" FI ssds running of a zx1500.1 and my cvrs are louder then my ssds, the ssds are in a 4 cube ported box tuned to 32hz. My electrical is a 200a EA alt, Yellowtop under the hood. Ive got 10guage speaker wire, 1/0 power/ground wire.

When i try to set the gains using the gain setting tutorial i dont get any voltage reading from my dmm so i try and set it by ear and the subs just stop playing when the subs arent moving that much. Im not sure whats going on. Im almost positive i hooked the subs up to read a 2ohm load i remember goin gfrom the positive from amp to positive to sub to positive to the other sub (same thing with negative) then doing the positive to negative on one sub then i did it to the other. I have no idea whats going on My amp is a little warm could that be the reason? If so how do i fix it? I really want this system working. If you need pics of anything ill be glad to take em!

I have 2 2ohm dvc ssds powered by a kicker zx1500.1, ive checked the wiring and the coils and there all fine. Once i start turning it up the green led goes off it doesnt turn red (im pretty sure if it turns red its going into protect) coudl this be a ground or a power wire issue

Yeah, or you could be hitting protect as well...

What setting did you have your dvom on when you tried to read the voltage out of the amp?

Thanks

-Nick

Too high, youll never get a reading like that...

Put it on 2, or 20, you should get a reading with it set on 20 if memory serves me correctly...

My fluke doesn't have that, it autmatically adjusts to what kind of voltage that i'm dealing with..

Thanks

-Nick

well i think i fixed it but its still pretty strange because i switched the positive and negative speaker wires on the amp and it seemed to do the trick even though before it made sense that they were in the right spot but now its seems to be working

ive had this problem too. when scott ordered some terminals the red and black stripes were swopped over and opposite. that line of terminals he recieved was like that. simple solution like u did swap the wires over. scott realized what happened and solved that problem. we discussed this over the phone :)

best thing is to always pop ur subs with a 9v battery a few times to make sure subs are in phase before hooking up to an amp ... sub moves up the wire that touches the positive terminal of the battery is the positive wire of the sub... if sub doesnt move at all you have the voice coils counter acting against each other...check ur connections to the terminals

Sign in to follow this