Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

New BM prototype information

This thread will be the official thread for the new BM series prototypes. When I get back to the office tonight I will post up the T/S's for the 10" version. The 12" version is being built now, and I should have T/S's in a few days (along with the woofer hopefully).

I'll post again tonight with the T/S's and then I'll continue to keep this thread updated with all information regarding the new and improved BM series.

PS: Chad Hicks has our 10" BM proto and is putting it through its paces right now. I'll post up his thoughts/review when he's done.

I could care less what the basket looks like, but I'll ask before other people do...

Have you had any luck on getting them finished completely in black?

These new BM's have definitely peaked my interest and I can't wait to see how the new Bad Motherf*ckers perform.

:)

:)

Yeah we asked about all-black, but after seeing them in person we've decided to stick with the current finish. The baskets look SO much better in person than they do in the pictures!

When you're "in the office" tonight, you better answer your phone. :P

Here are the specs on the new BM 10":

Fs = 36 Hz

Qms = 7.5

Qes = 0.48

Qts = .45

Vas = 29.79 liters

Cms = 1.900 M/N

Re = 7.91 ohms

BL = 19.3 N/A

Sd = 0.033410 Sq. Mtrs.

Mms = 99.419 g

Le = 2.72 mH

No = 0.2901 %

SPL = 86.824 dB/1w/1m

too many new subs to try, so little money to spend. i am glad to see some guys getting back to efficient subs though. keep up the good work!!

I want to know the following

1. Mounting Depth (from that other thread with the proto pic, it looks like it's at least 8" compared to the soda can)

2. Power handling

3. Price (obviously)

Mounting depth on the 10" is 6"

Power handling will be announced soon but keep in mind the idea behind these drivers - no huge amps required as these are efficient little buggers.

Price is going to remain the same as our current BM's - $240 and $280 respectively. Hopefully our dealers will agree to a short sale for the first month of their release.

I thought I read somewhere that these subs are only Dual 4 ohm. Is this the only configuration it comes in?

I'm still debating on a 10" sub to get later this year or early next year and put in a sealed box, since the 12" Mag I have won't fit in the box that's planned. It's down to this new BM, an RLi-10, and a Fi SSD.

Also, what does BM stand for anyway? I heard Baby Mags and Bad Mofos.

Edited by king alpha

It stands for something like that. :) After you hear them you'll know which one it stands for.

And yes, the BM's are going to be dual 4 Ohm only. They were designed for use with lower powered amplifiers (basically for a single driver to not be mated up with 1 Ohm stable 1000+ watt amp) and/or two be used in pairs...hence the dual 4 Ohm configuration (two BM's can be used off the 1k watt amps like I just mentioned).

It stands for something like that. :) After you hear them you'll know which one it stands for.

And yes, the BM's are going to be dual 4 Ohm only. They were designed for use with lower powered amplifiers (basically for a single driver to not be mated up with 1 Ohm stable 1000+ watt amp) and/or two be used in pairs...hence the dual 4 Ohm configuration (two BM's can be used off the 1k watt amps like I just mentioned).

Very well might I add. My 2 BMs sound great off of my Sundown SAE-1000D, everyone who has heard it is very very impressed, they basically laugh and say, "Holy chit!"

Very well might I add. My 2 BMs sound great off of my Sundown SAE-1000D, everyone who has heard it is very very impressed, they basically laugh and say, "Holy chit!"

I told you from day 1 that you couldn't go wrong with SI and sundown. I am just glad I got you away from using the standard mainstream ARRRGGHHS. Not the R isn't a commendable product, but I'd rather back SI anyday.