Sign in to follow this  
Stu Padasso

Wall with 4 MJ 18s

Finally got some time to do my Wifes build for Bass Race. Equipment is 4 MJ 18s and a Massive Audio P3000.1. 18.5 cubes tuned to 30 hz. On to the pics any comments or critisim is always welcome.

what Im working with.

100_0941.jpg

the old boxes

100_0943.jpg

the wood

100_0942.jpg

some scraps

100_0947.jpg

some together

100_0948.jpg

the port

100_0950.jpg

just needs the top

100_0949.jpg

in the van

100_0952.jpg

should have made it taller.

100_0953.jpg

This will be walled off behind the second row of seats. Bracing will be in the form of threaded rod. The only reason its in the van now is cause I dont have any room in the garage for it.

Edited by Stu Padasso

yeah you should have made it a bit taller but other than that it looks good

After thinking about it I can use the extra space for bracing. I'll put 2x4s up there to brace the top.

Looks great, do you have any plans to brace the box or double the baffle?

Looks great, do you have any plans to brace the box or double the baffle?

yea looks great, i wanna do one now too

I thought the P3000.1 was a lot bigger.. or am I missing something?

Looks awesome either way though, I only hope for a wife that would let me rip apart her minivan someday.

Looks like a ZR 240?

I thought the P3000.1 was a lot bigger.. or am I missing something?

Looks awesome either way though, I only hope for a wife that would let me rip apart her minivan someday.

Thats not a P3000 looks like a Kicker ZR series amp, not sure what model.

heres a few pics of my Massive p3000.1 :domoslay:

P6260102.jpg

P6260103.jpg

P1010239.jpg

sorry for thread jacking... :popcorn:

No problem I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say something. Its a ZR120 for the fronts. Had to have something for the ride to work. The Massive in sitting in the house waiting.

hurry up and get it finished and on the meter ...oh and some videos please fing05.gif looks good i just wanna see your end result so i know what to expect

Bad news I'm tearing it all out. Kind of disappointed with the box design. Cant do hair tricks. Sounds ok its loud but the wall has moved the freq up to about 55 and need to refigure the box to maxamise the resonance freq.

Bad news I'm tearing it all out. Kind of disappointed with the box design. Cant do hair tricks. Sounds ok its loud but the wall has moved the freq up to about 55 and need to refigure the box to maxamise the resonance freq.

Are you tuning your new box freq to 55 or are u going to try to change the whole resonance freq? If your just going to tune the box to 55 there's an easier way than tearing the whole thing out and starting again.

Are you tuning your new box freq to 55 or are u going to try to change the whole resonance freq? If your just going to tune the box to 55 there's an easier way than tearing the whole thing out and starting again.

No I think I goofed on the box design.Im getting no air movement out of the port. Plus its tuned to low. I need it tuned a little higher (35-40) to utilitized the peak of the van.It is 18.5 cubes with 250 sq inches of port. 51 wide 40 tall and 23.5 deep.

if your freq: is 55Hz port the box rufflly 10hz down so it peeks @ 55Hz !!!

if you port to 55Hz youll peek @ 65Hz and over shoot the mic's sweet spot... :slayer: