Sign in to follow this  
stratusrt01

Any reviews on the CSS SD12?

Just wondering if anyone had tried these yet? The specs seem to fit well into my plans, I've got about 450rms to play with at 4 ohms in a new project.

CSS is considerably more popular in the home audio world; doesn't seem that many into car audio world use their products, which is a shame on their part. I personally have not used the SD12 but I have used some of the other CSS offerings and would never hesitate to recommend their products.

I think there are a couple of reviews on hometheaterforum and a couple others. Hopefully Kyle can point you in the right direction. You can also contact Bob Reimer (owner of CSS) via his website at www.creativesound.ca

Just wondering if anyone had tried these yet? The specs seem to fit well into my plans, I've got about 450rms to play with at 4 ohms in a new project.

I've heard a lot of quick feedback like "great driver", "sounds great" but I dont think I've seen a detailed review written up for it yet. If it fits into your plans and you have 450 watts on tap then I think you'll be very pleased with this driver.

hey kyle, might wanna try something new...since you sell hte RL-p at your store, you probably have some experience with it. how would you compare the SD12 with it? i have 500w on tap, and i think something that fits my power range more might perform better than the rl-p. also what are the box specs? can't seem to find them.

hey kyle, might wanna try something new...since you sell hte RL-p at your store, you probably have some experience with it. how would you compare the SD12 with it? i have 500w on tap, and i think something that fits my power range more might perform better than the rl-p. also what are the box specs? can't seem to find them.

I've played with both but havent done any head to head testing and it was quite a while between times when I used them. Going from memory, the SD12 performed more like a sound quality driver. Its efficiency wasnt as good as the RLp and it couldnt get as loud but it did sound just a touch better in my opinion. Both are great drivers but they are both designed for different applications as well.

I am looking at these for a SQ/LSQ setup in my car...

Whats the lows like on these puppies, and also would u go sealed or ported...and if ported what size and tunning? If sealed what size and any polyfill?