Sign in to follow this  
rockinguitar876

fi q 12" and what amp??

ok i just started looking into fi subs, and i kind of like them, i like the q series 12's and i have some questions. First they say that these subs are a 1000 watts rms wattage, does this mean that u can put 1000 watts to them all the time without any damage??Also are these speakers long lasting,because i see alot about getting them reconed and stuff like that. and i have a l7 10" which im thinking about sending back to get a q series sub and was wanting some more sound quality, but i was wondering will the q series get as loud or louder then the l7 considering how many more watts they are?? and why does fi make the subs either dual 1 or 2 ohm?? why cant they make it where u can put a 2 or 4 amp to it that doesn't need to be 1 ohm stable, and any amp recomendations??

Edited by rockinguitar876

1000 watt rms rating means it can pretty much for the most part take 1000 watts all day every day...granted your not going to play it that much...

The coils are dual 1ohm and dual 2ohm for the same purpose...you get the same wiring options out of them as a dual 4ohm coil (in parallel which is 2ohms) a Dual 1ohm coil in series is 2ohms as well.

A dual 2ohm coil in series is 4ohms, and in parallel is 1ohm. So really we have all of the popular impedances covered with our coil choices, it's just a different way to take the approach.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks

-Nick

i have a sundown sae 1000D that i ran on my 12" fi q d2

im selling the amps and upgrading and prob getting another q so ill sell it... pm me if intrested. but yeah id stay around 1000 watts for the q no more than 1300

Mike-

yea ok then the ohm thing is good i will probably end up going with a kicker zx 1000.1, what does the sound quality of this speaker compare too?? and the only thing im worried about is not beign able to get loud enough, what db are ya'll hittin with these?? o and another thing the xmass on most other subs seems to be around 18mm or below right, why does fi make the q's 27mm?? whats advantage?

Edited by rockinguitar876

When I auditioned one I was impressed. With about 800W into their recommended sealed enclosure, it was going down into the low 20's with authority, while being very accurate and easy to blend with the front stage...

They're a strong contender in their price range, IMO.

My 12Q is running off a 1000w orion xtr and it TL'ed at 139.6 on the dash. Im very impressed with it and it puts out not only SQ but insane SPL for a single 12

i have some vidoes on youtube if u wanna watch them and get insight on it.

If you want to compare the Q to the W7's just know the Q out performs it anyday. My friend with a 13 w7 admitted to it.

-even though their like "apples and oranges" yatta yatta lol

Never experience with L7 but compared to the Brahma mk1 and the Q is definitely louder. Being said that the brahma is a SQ sub. Installed the 2 Q15 with 2 revo amp in my car for the show and it gets loud, shut some car up and triggered some alarms.

As far as SQ is very subjective but I like the lows of the Q. I had to wait for 2 weeks for them to fully break in.

Huh, it is if you can give that label to any sub and not a system. Not quite sure where or why you asked that. In particular compared against what you currently have you should be extremely happy, the L7 does nothing to make me happy at all. Either way, the sub will only be as good as the designed/build on the enclosure you put it in. If you want loud you can make it loud, if you want it to blend perfectly with your front stage you should be able to build a box to do that as well.

Being said that the brahma is a SQ sub.

I'm sure that's what Scottie Johnson got out of it ;)

so u can make it sound good, what are ya'll tuning ur box too?? whats better for spl and whats better for sq, or what is a good mixture, i do like this sub alot just havn't heard much about fi and wanting some more info

what are ya'll tuning ur box too??

I prefer them sealed, but that's just me.

I have a 15" Q in a 4 cubic ft box tuned to 30 Hz and I love the sound. It sounds better than the two 12" Kicker L5's that I had prior to the 1 Q. It has more low end output and sounds a LOT more natural than the L5's. Don't worrie about the Q not getting loud enough my system is gut wrenching loud and can hit the lows with out a problem.

im probably going ported for sure if i want more sound qaulity i can always try tuning it to about 28 hertz or something like that, and yea now im not worried about it being loud enough, i just want to make sure that the sq is pretty good, anybody got anything ot compare it too, and what about the reconing thing, how often do u hae ot do it and how hard is it to do??

Sign in to follow this