theabunai

Fi Demo in Hawaii

Well today we had a gathering amongst friends in Honolulu Hawaii with a Term lab to play around with....

Fi was killing the scene....

TL meter..... DB Drag setting...

peak hold, sweeps and sine waves then music...

We got to show off a 10" BL

a 15" Q

and an 18" BTL on a sundown 3000D..

I have to say Philips 10" BL is so damn impressive...

some of the new guys that showed up were amazed at what that 10" BL could put out (numbers wise and sound wise)... Not many 10's on this island can boast a solid steady 142 on a TL with a single 10...

The 15" Q first run was right up there with some of the other DD set-ups that were veterans....

He put up a 142 with a single 15 Q on an diamond 1K amp... He would've hit harder but the diamond amp decided to be protect happy so as his number were climbing up to the scale his amp would kick off at the 142.3 mark...

The 18 BTL was a freaking monster..... With the windows fully down on both sides, we were doing hair tricks with GUYS LOL.... You couldn't sit in it without flinching from the bass.... Rear view mirror fell off and taped to the dash later.... In the next term lab gathering were gonna meter it with the right settings and song.... It was the biggest draw at the gathering... everyone gathered around the truck and everyone wanted to feel the monster BTL... Jesus christ it was pucking loud, low and sounded pretty freaking good doing it... I was in the cab to adjust his settings on his amp and holy chit he bumped it full tilt and i thought i was gonna get a nose bleed.... Props to that freaking Sundown 3000d that really set it off..... that is one crazy combo Fi and Sundown

Fi representing Hawaii folks...

Scott you'r gonna be getting a few orders from the 808 state soon.... LOL

I need to get back to you on that email for the "secret pack" I couldn't answer all the questions everyone had and they all wanted info on the subs and site to go to.... I need that pack soon so i'll hit you up about it via email.... OCT is one of the bigger sound offs in hawaii so I will try to get a spot for the Fi crew to demo again (we will be doing a cross demo with sundown)....

Thanks Scott, Philip, J0ckin and Stealth... Fi threw it down hard today and opened some eyes...

Edited by theabunai

i had a really good time today. lol, i had some old fliers in my car, snuck one in randy's cd case. i know he wants a fi now. oh and abunai, if you do get to it, can you see if what i wanted was possible or even advisable? thanks

Edited by philip

yupp philip gonna check it out for you no worries

I'll get back to you in a few days about it...

Big props to the Hawaii boys with Fi, philip always putting up a good score (stuff I can only dream of doing). Stealth simply the best and Jockin what can I say simply DAAAMMMMMM .

Aloha

heres vids of a comp we had on sunday and the Hawaii boys reppin Fi. let me say that the Fi 10" gave me a run for my $$$$

I won by a mere 2db's. I was very impressed by Fi subs that day. congrats to philip and gary...

philips 2nd run with a Fi bl 10"

garys 2nd run with a Fi btl 12"

donalds 2nd run with a Fi btl

yama168 2nd run..

Aloha

Edited by yama168

Nice Vids. In the vid for Philips 2nd run, is the windshield flexing from a single BL 10"?

If so, what kind of power is pushing it and enclosure size?

Nice Vids. In the vid for Philips 2nd run, is the windshield flexing from a single BL 10"?

If so, what kind of power is pushing it and enclosure size?

Yup Phil got decent windshielf flex. Kinad amazing for what it is.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII,

SKY

wow very impressed from all of the woofers!! great vids and awesome single 18" 154 is damn respectable, but one bl10??????? LOL gotta love telling people you have one ten!!

hahaha same reaction with the 2 8's. and abunai that was a killa recomendition on using the 1500d..made the subs wangggggg

Aloha

not the greatest video but at least shows some roof flex, and gives you an idea of the powering bass toward the end...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2LUGkP1970 working on finding a video camera to use.