Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SD-1 v.2 Proto Pics

I'll take a whooper w/o onions,large fry,diet coke and (8) SD-1v.2 on a SAZ 3000D and make it to go.

Production is starting now on these. They sound absolutely fantastic in bighitter's truck install :)

I gave a range of MSRP prices on the first page, it is settled @ $229 MSRP (the lower end of the spectrum).

This is a 100% made in the USA speaker -- build costs are higher but this speaker will "speak" for itself when you hear it.

I think these 10s will surprise most people, especially considering their shallow mounting depth.

I agree :) Very good shallow SQ subs!

I think just calling this an SQ sub would be misleading as it is capable of some serious SPL output.

Most people would call this a SQ sub. Even old school subs were capable of getting loud by daily listening standards of the sane person, but nowadays if you say "it's loud" people expect to be able to run a ton and a half of power to it and win comps. This is a sub for those of us that don't think like that and can appreciate the ability to run a small amp on the sub stage again like the old days. People that build a system for music, not comps. That want to be able to still use the vehicle with the system installed. That don't want to HAVE to upgrade the alternator.

Thanks, Jacob...I think...you just either really simplified or really complicated my sub decision for the next car. Probably the latter.

Bumping this one up just to keep interest going. I NEED these.

Production has started on these, so not too much longer.

10" moofer, about an inch of peak to peak xmax, 4.5" mounting depth, even more sensitivity (even if the sensitivity isn't listed for the SD-1 v.1, I'll take your word for it that it is good :D). Mmmmm, sounds perfect for my regular cab Ranger...

10" moofer, about an inch of peak to peak xmax, 4.5" mounting depth, even more sensitivity (even if the sensitivity isn't listed for the SD-1 v.1, I'll take your word for it that it is good :D). Mmmmm, sounds perfect for my regular cab Ranger...

Trucks and/or limited depth SQ applications are the #1 target market for these guys.

I'll retire my old pair of SD-1s and run two of these in my car when they are ready :)

I love it. Been worried about sub application when I get a new truck, looks like 2 of these sealed will be the ticket and allow me to worry about how I'm going to fit an 8 and two other speaks up front

Logo_Dust_Cap.jpg

I had my build house put one together with the logo cap so that everyone knows what these will look like :)

I will initiate a pre-order for them shortly.

oh ho ho! thats very pretty. i might have missed it, but what is the power handling, and suggested enclosure requeirments sealed and ported for this sub? how much port area do i need?

need a pair of shallow mount, small enclosure subs for my lincoln install and im looking at my options :)

lookin good jacob! :)

oh ho ho! thats very pretty. i might have missed it, but what is the power handling, and suggested enclosure requeirments for this sub?

need a pair of shallow mount small enclosure subs for my lincoln install and im looking at my options :)

Power handling is rated, conservatively, at 400 watts RMS.

Box suggestion is 0.95 ft^3 sealed with no poly-fill stuffing at all and as small as 0.5 ft^3 with heavy poly-fill stuffing. Anywhere in between with varying levels of poly-fill stuffing works great. You will get an F3 around 52 - 55 Hz in that range.

Vented I suggest 1.75 ft^3 tuned to 30 Hz for a smooth response down to a 30 Hz F3.

oh ho ho! thats very pretty. i might have missed it, but what is the power handling, and suggested enclosure requeirments for this sub?

need a pair of shallow mount small enclosure subs for my lincoln install and im looking at my options :)

Box suggestion is 0.95 ft^3 sealed with no poly-fill stuffing at all and as small as 0.5 ft^3 with heavy poly-fill stuffing. Anywhere in between with varying levels of poly-fill stuffing works great. You will get an F3 around 52 - 55 Hz in that range.

Vented I suggest 1.75 ft^3 tuned to 30 Hz for a smooth response down to a 30 Hz F3.

sweet. also i dont think you caught my edit: how much port area do they need?

sweet. also i dont think you caught my edit: how much port area do they need?

I would shoot for 15 - 20 in^2 per sub with rounded edges.

Logo looks great

Looks great.

how will these things do under their rated power? like 350w?

edit: also what is the the driver displacement i have to calculate into the boxes?

Sign in to follow this