Yang

what would and RE SE 12 compare to fi sub?

i'm currently running an re se 12 in my wagon 2ft'3 @ 32hz... with 650 watts @2ohm going into it... atm i'm currently looking into getting the fi q 12 maybe 15 to replace it... running off cadence xta 1000d... will i see any improve mean if i was get a Q 12 or 15 in the recomended ported enclosures at 32 hz also?

That's a good question... will i be getting louder then the SE with the Q while still retaining good amount of sq.

Edited by Yang

I have a 10" RE SE in my Hyundai accent and a 12" FI Q in my BMW. The Q sounds better. Tough to compare but I am willing to bet the Q will be louder also.

imo the q is a louder sub but the SE is better sounding

Have you actually heard both? It sure doesn't sound like it to me. Of course it could be the classic misuse of a box that made the Q sound bad.

it's going to be very close either way. With the same wattage there probably won't be much of an audible difference in the subs (unless you're chasing numbers...then go for it and sell it if it doesn't work). The Q should be able to handle a lot more power than the SE though, so it will have the potential to get louder.

2 tell u the truth the se can handle 1000 all day long

i have 2 re se 12's and in a trunk car im doing 145.3db at 40 hz and even still it sounds amazing

and that only with 600 going to each...if i put 1k on each of them i know my numbers will get much higher and it will still sound amazing

both the SE and Q have very good SQ capabilities, but from listening to my 2 12" SEs in comparison to my buddy 1 12" Q...i would go with the Q...I think it sounds phenomenal and have lots of potential output potential...i mean his was tuned extremely low...like 27 or 28 hz and was still pretty loud

both the SE and Q have very good SQ capabilities, but from listening to my 2 12" SEs in comparison to my buddy 1 12" Q...i would go with the Q...I think it sounds phenomenal and have lots of potential output potential...i mean his was tuned extremely low...like 27 or 28 hz and was still pretty loud

i think the exact opposite. i have 2 10" SEs tuned to like 30hz in my accord. i installed a 10" Q in a truck for my buddy with similar tuning...the one Q gets loud...but i would take the SQ of my SE's all day long over the Q.

i think the exact opposite. i have 2 10" SEs tuned to like 30hz in my accord. i installed a 12" Q in a truck for my buddy with similar tuning...the one Q gets loud...but i would take the SQ of my SE's all day long over the Q.

i guess its all subjective though...

edit: sorry for the double post..his Q is a 12" not a 10"...i changed it while it was posting, thats why it posted twice.

Edited by amatt85

i think i just might have to get one and try it for myself... if i don't like it.. my bro will surely take it off my hands... my car can be the test guiney pig for my little bro as he is looking to get a Q also... hoping to get one soon...

yeah man it's just all personal preference and install...i mean the SEs are clean, smooth, deep, etc....i don't know i just liked that Q but now that i think about it....i may have just taken my 2 12" SEs sealed over the ported Q...i didn't have the SEs sealed too long....

The Q will not disappoint. It should handle more power than the SE, and if you are looking for pure SQ it can hold its own just fine.