Sign in to follow this  
mikey5472

Q ssd or bl

i was debating on getting one of the three a 10 bl, 10q, a 12 ssd, or 10 ssd

i hate to be a psence or how ever the hell u spell it but why lol and do u think that they are both better than a 12 inch jl w3

Depends on how much room you have to work with, and power as well as money...

Thanks!

-Nick

Like I asked over in your other thread, what does better mean to you?

Louder? Sounding accurate?

Exactly like JimJ said, if your looking for a nice sq setup that doesn't hurt your pockets go with the SSD's with copper coils. If there isn't a budget present go with the FI Q.

ill prolly have about 200 to 300 to spend and i have an s10 so there isnt much roombut i already have plans for a box and everything ioh i have a jl w3 in it right now but i am just wondering if any fi would be an upgrade and if so which one i have an amp it is a kole audio kx 1440 which isnt that bad i guess but i dont really have the money to upgrade it so i was kind of leanig towards the ssds since they dont have as much power handling but i also want something thta will be really loud and really low but also sound pretty good and i was looking at fi because ive heard nothing but good about them

Since you mentioned loud first, I would say the BL 10, but if you want more clarity, Q or SSD 10 with less power.

how would you rate the bl with clarity to the q or ssd and do i need to get a new anp to power the bl i have a kole audio kx 1440

"Clarity" is going to be enclosure dependent, but getting loud and having clarity aren't inclusive...

yea. ill prolly end up just getting the bl just because i drive an s 10 and when i drive pat someone and they here it they can be like where the hell is the sub in that thing and how is a 10 that loud lol but is the amp i have good enough for it as i mentioned before it is a kole audio kx 1440 if its not i guess ill have to sell it on ebay just like the 5 12s im tryin to sell lol

Punctuation is your friend, until you use it I am not quite sure how to answer your ramblings.

sorry. im usually in a hurry while i am on the computer. So i try to hurry thruough things and jjust forget to punctuate.

Every single sub Fi makes (and about a 1,000 other companies) will allow you to drive by someone and have them ask what sub is that. that "effect" is mainly Dependant on the install and enclosure, NOT the brand of sub you get....

in my hands on experience (and i have heard all 4 lines of Fi subs in action) I think the Q can get plenty loud and low and still sound accurate doing it.. I'd order it with the BP option (if you plan on running over 1,000 watts) and then seal it up in a nice 1.2 cu^ft enclosure....

But i have to agree with Denim. judging by your post you want a BL.... get a BL, throw it in about 2.0 cubed and port it to 30hz.... you'll be happy

How about 1.2 cubes at 34Hz , Because that is about all that is going to fit in my little s10. lol.

Sign in to follow this