bladehines

NEW TO THE FORUM, STARTING A BUILD.

Just throwing this out there; but for a lower price, lower speaker count set up, how about pro sound speakers?

Nice build man. I'm assuming you still have those RE8s. What's the VC config on those? And what would you want for them?

shoot me an e-mail at hintzyboy@hotmail.com

make sure your mids can keep up with the tweets. those dytons you had at first will only play up to 2k Hz. If you stick with those tweets, get a mid that can atleast go up 3k so you have more room for adjusting xover points.

Nice build man. I'm assuming you still have those RE8s. What's the VC config on those? And what would you want for them?

shoot me an e-mail at hintzyboy@hotmail.com

i don't have them anymore they were 4 ohm DVC, perfect shape and i sold them for 25 bucks a piece. they were about 2 years old.

here is the products page on the Whip Audio mids i am looking at now... i wish i had some more info on them.

http://www.dpcauto.com/products.php?productsId=711

"My new setup will look something like this: with 10 ascendant 8's ported with 6 aero ports tuned to around 45hz or so for comps, and if i plug up 3 ports it will tune the box to around 32hz for daily driven"

Hey Ryan, I am also interested in using some plugs for the ports.

Can you please advise how you will do it and where do you find plugs for ports?

Thanks mate

"My new setup will look something like this: with 10 ascendant 8's ported with 6 aero ports tuned to around 45hz or so for comps, and if i plug up 3 ports it will tune the box to around 32hz for daily driven"

Hey Ryan, I am also interested in using some plugs for the ports.

Can you please advise how you will do it and where do you find plugs for ports?

Thanks mate

I am going to make some circle shaped pieces out of 3/4 mdf that will use the screw holes of the port to hold it down. i will probably put nuts in the wood so i can use a machined screw so i don't mess the wood up its self.... if i don't do that, after 2-3 times of taking the plugs off and on the screw would lose it's grip on the wood.

i will probably fiberglass the tops of them with the Ascendant Audio Logo or something on them for looks too...

I don't know how the output will be, but considering they are known for their low distortion, look into the Dayton RS line for some cheap quality speakers. Right now, Parts Express is having a sale on the 4 ohm versions of the 5, 6, 7, & 8" drivers in that line. Also, do you have the crossover/amps for an active 3 way setup for a front stage. I've been looking at possibly getting the Dayton RS225-4 (8"), Dayton RS125-4 (5"), and an Audax 1" neodymium tweeter. This should give you quite some output, though I can't say if it will meet your 150+ db expectations.

Cant wait to see the new build man, me and Nick hung out with you and tawtie down in KY. i heard it there and it sounded great. I wish i knew you were selling em i wouldve brought a few back with me :)

I don't know how the output will be, but considering they are known for their low distortion, look into the Dayton RS line for some cheap quality speakers. Right now, Parts Express is having a sale on the 4 ohm versions of the 5, 6, 7, & 8" drivers in that line. Also, do you have the crossover/amps for an active 3 way setup for a front stage. I've been looking at possibly getting the Dayton RS225-4 (8"), Dayton RS125-4 (5"), and an Audax 1" neodymium tweeter. This should give you quite some output, though I can't say if it will meet your 150+ db expectations.

The amp i am getting is the 1600.4 US amp, it's 4 channels so it should be good. Also the Crossover i have is the Coustic XM6 which is a very nice crossover.

So far so good on getting eveything sloved. I am getting the Whip Audio 8" mids ( 4 total ) and 4 of the Seas Tweets i posted.

Over all power to the mids will be 100 watts per mid, and about the same for the tweets so they should really hummmm when i get done.

I am working on getting all of my money saved up for everything all at once.

I hate buying everything seperate and having it lay around untill i can use it, but my new door panels should be in this next week, then i will order my mids and tweets to start on the fiberglass work on the panels.

Been thinking of naming my truck something fitting for this project, so far here is what i have come up with.

I think ASSASSIN is fitting. My license plate will say ANIHL8 ( annihilate ), my dash speaker grills will have the Ascendant logo cut out on them, and the dash defroster will say ASSASSIN like this across it:

assassinventtr7.png

i will end up covering them with a sheer piece of fabric and putting red leds behind them, this will be only for show, and to thank you to the great products Ascendant and FI have created! I plan on putting all the company names that is helping me with this build on my truck too.......some where.... lol

OH YEAH!!!!! i forgot to mention, i will be putting an in the bed tool box in my truck to store the 2 amps, crossover, and 2 3100 series Power Master batteries i am getting.... Since i don't have the room in the cab.

The amps i will be using are US Amps, 1600.4 for my highs, AND an Incriminator Audio 40.1 on my subs.

I already have a 260 amp Iraggi alt on the truck, and enough 0 gauge to wire everything. i just need the cash to get all the mids, tweets, and subs! lol

EDIT:::::; i will also be getting custom door speaker grills made like cross hairs on a scope like this:

assassingrillcf3.png

Edited by bladehines

Well i think i am gonna change my idea on my License plate............ instead of ANIHL8........ i think i may put ASASN8 (assassinate)

i am trying to stick with the 8 theme in the license plate......

what do you guys think?

Just wondering, US only have 6 digits - mix of numbers and letters?

If not, something along those lines would be:

DSINTGR8

INCNER8

I don't know, just thinking out loud :P

Depends on the state and the vehicle classification.

Nice build, this should be interesting when your done. I love your truck btw, I dont see them on the road too much. I was looking at the same Whip mids for a min, let us know how you are digging them too. Looking forward to the finish results!!!

Well got my mids in and DAMN they are BIG!!!! 8lbs a piece! i guess i will have to mount them to the door instead of the door panel!

besides that i hit a little snag and i will now have to run two 2 channel amps instead of one 4 channel amp.

which will cost alittle more but oh well

the mids are 8ohm instead of 4ohm like i thought they where.....

so instead of 2 ohms at the amp for 200 watts total... i would get only 100 watts total, so 50 watts per speaker.... that sucks...

so with two 2 channel amps i would get 200 watts at 4 ohms, so 100 watts a piece... which i think will be better!

i will try and get pics up of them monday!

well i got all my mids, and tweets at the house... couldn't wait ot hear the mids so i hooked one up to my old boom box, it was probably getting 15-20 watts MAX, and let me tell you they sound AWESOME!!!!....

so crisp and clear! i can't wait to get these in the truck with around 100 watts a piece!!!!!!

well anyway here is some pics of the mids, and tweets!

Image006-1.jpg

Image001.jpg

Image004-1.jpg

Image009-1.jpg

Image013-1.jpg