I need to run a mtx 7514-04.

what would be the cheapest thing possible?

Well i dont even need to give it full power. all i need to do is make it bump good. but i don't know what kind of watttage it would need to make it sound good (givin that is an vague word anyways).

just the cheapest way to run it i guess, thank you.

Edited by ArrizX

how big of an amp depends on your enclosure and its efficiency

cheap is a relative term...if you want a cheap amp wal mart has some vr4 amps that are cheap and will make the sub bump

Edited by aznboi3644

The cheapest by far will be used.

audiobahn a800bt something but is a great amp not underated actually it was benched to put out 10 more watts :) nice amp and you can find it for less than 150 shipped

I saw a new cadence on clearance for 129, but don't know a thing about them maybe others here do. Think it was 600wrms. If you scope ebay you can pick stuff up cheap, maybe <50 depending on how big but it takes a lot of searching and getting outbid. I bought a nice older 300wrms amp at a local pawn shop that was better deal then that brand ever goes on ebay, but others are cheaper. I just found a smaller alpine sub amp I posted about for about $30, its 350wrms x1 @ 2ohms and 14.4v. Assuming it shows up and works. Here is one that didn't seem like a bad deal ebay item 270179452205, I almost bid on it but didn't really need it.

audiobahn a800bt something but is a great amp not underated actually it was benched to put out 10 more watts :) nice amp and you can find it for less than 150 shipped

Who conducted this test?

I saw a new cadence on clearance for 129, but don't know a thing about them maybe others here do. Think it was 600wrms. If you scope ebay you can pick stuff up cheap, maybe <50 depending on how big but it takes a lot of searching and getting outbid. I bought a nice older 300wrms amp at a local pawn shop that was better deal then that brand ever goes on ebay, but others are cheaper. I just found a smaller alpine sub amp I posted about for about $30, its 350wrms x1 @ 2ohms and 14.4v. Assuming it shows up and works. Here is one that didn't seem like a bad deal ebay item 270179452205, I almost bid on it but didn't really need it.

There are quite a few guys that have picked these uop on diyma. The only caveat would be the size of the amps; haven't read any ill issues as far as the amp's abilities.

Going directly to Cadence's site would be the place to get the best deals, as there is no shipping buying directly through them.

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc...?idCategory=125

Who conducted this test?

some biased retard

Lol, I have an Audiobahn A8000T right here I am going to drop. Rated at 800rms x1 @2ohm. It does not look bad, has that variable speed fan, and seems to put out nice....but don't think they are anything like a Zed/PPI or such. I don't need an amp this big. I will send it to you for $100, in 48 states.

There are quite a few guys that have picked these uop on diyma. The only caveat would be the size of the amps; haven't read any ill issues as far as the amp's abilities.

Going directly to Cadence's site would be the place to get the best deals, as there is no shipping buying directly through them.

Let me give you something to read, then :)

I saw one of those amps fail in person, shot DC into the sub...while I'd buy older Cadence in a heartbeat, I'm not convinced about those new ones...

bah, profile is crap.

As for the new Cadence, there are so many other amps I'd rather have used instead. Actually I woulnd't even think of buying one of those.

When you are cheap, used>>new all the way across the board.

Used>new? I agree mostly. The only thing I'm finding I want to try new(er) is a class D on subs to better manage power plus more features. So I'll see how this newer Alpine works, maybe it will have reasonable SQ enough for a sub. Can get by with less quality on subs anyway. For the high side though, there are so many good older amps out there I find little reason to run new. All the cheaper (<$150 new except my kicker 700.5 that I'm not that impressed with far as SQ) newer amps I have tried just don't seem to have the sonic quality I am used to, plus they go into distortion slow and I really hate that. I can buy 3-8 used amps for what the same quality is new.

For decent cheap power, there's a lot of crap, but profile will give you their rated RMS, unlike most other amps in the price range.

used will be your best bet, check the forums like stated & make sure to get all the information & take all the precautions you can so you don't get ripped off/scammed.

good luck

bah, profile is crap.

As for the new Cadence, there are so many other amps I'd rather have used instead. Actually I woulnd't even think of buying one of those.

a profile from them was my very first amp. I ran it with an infinity perfect DVQ. it was great. sucker never got hot.

If u want a nice budget amp that puts out clear power look into a Diamond Audio D3 line of amps or US Amps Xterminator.

bah, profile is crap.

a profile from them was my very first amp. I ran it with an infinity perfect DVQ. it was great. sucker never got hot.

One good experience and your amp not getting hot does not make them good amps. Out of all people I am surprised you feel that way, pull the cover and have a look for yourself and then you won't recommend them anymore. For the same dough used is WAY better.

As for your comment on SQ and class D amps SQIB guy, it is a crock. Class D amps are fine on fronts as well as subs, your ears in particular in a car are not going to be able to tell the difference. Note I am not saying that they won't have an acoustic signature, but you can easily shape the response to sound as good as necessary and identical to your favorite non class-d.

bah, profile is crap.

One good experience and your amp not getting hot does not make them good amps. Out of all people I am surprised you feel that way, pull the cover and have a look for yourself and then you won't recommend them anymore. For the same dough used is WAY better.

sounded great to my ears (well maybe it would have sounded better with a different amp), actually one of the tightest sounding system i had....again maybe it was the sub...there have been many other people who have used them on ca.com (yea i know lol). but the guts aint THAT bad:

inside1.jpg

maybe because it was my first amp i feel (forgot that word)

nostalgic??

The only class D I have run is this kicker on subs, and it works nice but I don't know about SQ they are behind the seat...I'd say it is good enough since IMO the quality does not have to be great for subs just good. I would think alpine is better but don't know, but should be good enough. I read they are making various class D amps for full range/etc that sound good these days, but interference can be an issue.

Got my hands on some old alpines to run highs, I like them. Not sure what you guys think of them. They work good for me and only dim lights and stuff when used on subs, thus my wanting a class D for those. Have some others if they don't work...amps always change the sound of my system, seems like I always swap them out before I am happy. Anyway, new class D or any class costs money I can use elsewhere and I doubt they are better than the old quality amps (for mid/highs). But I could be wrong because I have not used a new class D and just midgrade newer ABs. Seems like one would be far better off spending on a better HU or front stage to get more quality than a new high side amp, if an old one will meet your needs. Used allows easy swapping as well...and that is how you find out what works the best.

And, I'm the kind of person with lots of irons in the fire that all would like funding...so I shop for deals.