Lord Baccus

this is SQ

SQ isn't RTA either. Completely flat frequency respone is very unpleasant.

Only reason why this has gone this way is because the title says "this is SQ", but all I saw were batteries, a wall of amps, a wall of subs & a TL score. That is not SQ...

That is not an SQ setup, it is a stupid waste of money. One of these days you need to take a step out of your world and into ours so you understand.

i guess i dont understand.

can someone explaine it in such a way as an SPL nut can get it ? without the sarcassim ?

i thought it was a nice setup ?

i lisened to you before and my HU problem was resolved... i went with the Alpine 9887

cant remember if i thanked you or not:) but if not :thanx:

i can get it i just have never been involved to know what is required of an SQ system.

i've looked at the topic title again :

" this is SQ, ?!!? "

except the ipod console and the fact that he has rear speakers, i'm impressed :D

i've looked at the topic title again :

" this is SQ, ?!!? "

except the ipod console and the fact that he has rear speakers, i'm impressed :D

:slayer: !!??!! it was a question, thanks for the save...

except the ipod console and the fact that he has rear speakers, i'm impressed

That much work and he's got passive crossovers in the doors was a flag for me :D

Heck, why not run a carputer in that massive console...there's certainly the budget for it.

That is not an SQ setup, it is a stupid waste of money. One of these days you need to take a step out of your world and into ours so you understand.

i guess i dont understand.

can someone explaine it in such a way as an SPL nut can get it ? without the sarcassim ?

i thought it was a nice setup ?

i lisened to you before and my HU problem was resolved... i went with the Alpine 9887

cant remember if i thanked you or not:) but if not :thanx:

i can get it i just have never been involved to know what is required of an SQ system.

SQ while subjective can be considered a perfect response. By perfect I don't mean flat, or technically the same from one to another as we all have different transfer functions in our ears, but perfect is a good word. The music should be reproduced exactly as mixed in a very natural way. Typically having more than one driver playing any (non-stereo) frequency range in a car is a no-no. And of course critically the front stage must blend with the sub/s in such a way that you cannot tell there are subs in the car. Note I didn't say that there isn't a nice lower register in the music being played, but you should not be able to tell that it is coming from a sub and it should be perfectly integrated into your soundstage.

My money on this guys install is that he is an SPL nut, but wanted it to sound loud and good but got advice from the wrong people. There are a lot of things wrong with his install. It is very possible through some rather crafty installation skills and processing that it is indeed setup in an SQ manner, but I highly highly doubt it.

Cool i get it !

but how do you achive this !

if he has the most expencive stuff and its not SQ ?

is it over kill ?

Careful planning of where you position speakers...and lots of time spent in fine-tuning crossover points and EQ curves to get to the final sound. The whole idea is to present a clear and coherent image in front of you, just like you'd get if you were at a live concert. Not just having something that's "loud and clear", having lots of undistorted output is great but without the spatial part it's useless...

is it over kill ?

All in what he's looking to get out of it. If he's just looking to impress people that don't care about having a good stereo image, then he's certainly spent a lot of money to do something that could be done for cheaper. But SQ in no way takes a lot of money to do well.

(2)Tru techn. Sh-1, (1)Tru techn. To3-4.150, PPI PCX 4125 (6) 12" Idmax.v3d4,(1) 10" Idmax.v3d2 ( in center console) (6) odessey pc1200, (2) batcap 800 and dual 275 amp Alterstart LOAD BOSS alternators

there is a 10" hidden in there :lol:

Edited by Megalomaniac

With the 10", and all but the kickpanel drivers turned off it'd have a good chance at not sounding like ass...but something tells me he wasn't demo'ing it this way :)

Careful planning of where you position speakers...and lots of time spent in fine-tuning crossover points and EQ curves to get to the final sound. The whole idea is to present a clear and coherent image in front of you, just like you'd get if you were at a live concert. Not just having something that's "loud and clear", having lots of undistorted output is great but without the spatial part it's useless...

is it over kill ?

All in what he's looking to get out of it. If he's just looking to impress people that don't care about having a good stereo image, then he's certainly spent a lot of money to do something that could be done for cheaper. But SQ in no way takes a lot of money to do well.

how much does ramos have in his front stage again? $60?

Yep, money is nothing install is everything.

My front end came to a little more than that lol... but still not too bad, under $200.

how did yall go about setting up your front stage ?

pics please...

i mean a breef how too for those of us that dont know how

Edited by Lord Baccus

pics please...

lol just wait, one of these days i'll come back to those shows and compete in SQ :P

pics please...

See project log link in my sig.

is it over kill ?

Ramos does not count, no one can match his mixture of frugal finds, sharp ear, install experience, and talent.

Ramos ???

lets turn this into an SQ how too :)

i like SQ when im not competing

is it over kill ?

Ramos does not count, no one can match his mixture of frugal finds, sharp ear, install experience, and talent.

Don't forget storytelling ability :D