Sign in to follow this  
thedukey42

My Monsters!!

So I'm going to be using these little monsters in my dad's stereo & possibly in my own. I figured I'd show you guys some pics of them & ask for any ideas. I'm going to give my dad 2 & use 4 for myself. My question is what kind of enclosure should I use.

Mainly asking about the 2 for my dad, I have never built for home audio & am working with a fairly large room. The rooms 20 x 14 with a 17 ft ceiling. Just looking for any help or links at all.

thanks,

nate

100_1404.jpg

the army!

100_1405.jpg

100_1407.jpg

100_1409.jpg

Ha, forgot to mention what they were, well, I'll leave it at a guess. It shouldn't take long, but I'll see if anyone can guess.

no that's not it flakko

Edited by thedukey42

Since I don't know what they are, I can't make a recommendation.

Sorry.

TangBand Neo subs, not sure if they are 6.5" or 8" though.

My guess is the 6.5" ones.

Judging by the basket, venting below the spider, soft parts, and the shielding, I'd say Tang Band W6 subwoofers.

Close, but still too big, it's the Tang Band Neo 5.25's!

here's pics with the sundown X18 proto

100_1410.jpg

In numbers, they will conquer!

100_1411.jpg

See, they conquered! haha

100_1412.jpg

Now can you help Jim? lol I was waiting to see if you'd respond initially in the thread.

Edited by thedukey42

I'd say something in stereo...they're not too demanding in enclosure size, could be built into something larger, like a tower...

looks like a fun little project :)

I agree. I have never owned a dedicated sub that small. Interested to see the outcome. Some reason I like multiple small driver installs.

I completed a t-line for them about a week ago, just for fun. Was quite impressed with how loud they got. had them running off of about 300 rms total. So fun to watch these little fellers move, lol. I'll be doing an in home build soon w/ my dad. I just picked up a bash 300 amp for him off of Partsexpress, it's on sale $99, should work well power wise. I'm not sure if i want to take some pvc & try & t-line them or just seal them off.

Still open to any recommendations & once the build starts, I'll take some pictures for you guys.

One of my favorite installs was a pair of those upfront playing from 35hz+ blending with a set of Fostex full ranges. Great sounding two way, they are pretty impressive for being so small.

I am not sure how many subs to use in my dad's home stereo. I may just give him all 6 & try and use them. I have 3 cubes to work with roughly, thinking of using PVC pipe and incorporating that, possibly making a t-line for each, though I couldn't taper the line.

Just looking for any help, because I don't know whether to seal them or try porting with a t-line or a bandpass of some sort.

I have a 15 x 24 x 22 area to work with, but I'm going to be mounting my 7" Dayton mids & peerless tweeters also, the face is 15 wide x 22 tall, depth is 24. I'm just looking for any ideas right now.