ArrizX

Icon.........8's?

Well, currently, I have two 10'' TC-7s.

I'm looking to upgrade next summer, and I wanted to do four 8's, but I really wanted to try icon, which would force me to a 10''. Just curious is if there is anything floating around for an 8'' to be made.

I talked to Mark about it awhile back. He metioned that the motor was bigger than the basket would be. And also something about 8's not having a huge market share, so for a company just starting out with subwoofers, building an 8 would not be the best investment.

I talked to Mark about it awhile back. He metioned that the motor was bigger than the basket would be. And also something about 8's not having a huge market share, so for a company just starting out with subwoofers, building an 8 would not be the best investment.

Good points.

I'm not really very knowledgeable of the mechanical parts, but cant you screw off the motor? Because if that is the case, you could make it work.

And... would be be impossible to special order 8s? Just out of sheer curiosity.

Let me move this to the SSA section and answer it at the same time.

As for an ICON 8, it will not work with the coil. We have plans for a mid level line down the road that will come in 8/10/12/15. But that will not be any time soon. Do you not have the space for 4 10" drivers? If not, there is the Assassin 8, and the soon to return RL-i 8, and the up comming Sundown 8". Mach5 has toyed with the idea for an 8" driver, but it seems the interest has been up and down. Hope that helps some.

not sure if maybe were the exception but the re dealer where i work sells more re 8s then any other woofer of any brand and size we carry

not sure if maybe were the exception but the re dealer where i work sells more re 8s then any other woofer of any brand and size we carry

One dealer selling a large portion of 8" woofers still doesn't mean 8" drivers are popular.

True, but the drivers sold on the web differ mostly from the drivers sold in stores. In store costs tend to be some what higher, lending to the potential for more smaller drivers to be sold.

True, but the drivers sold on the web differ mostly from the drivers sold in stores. In store costs tend to be some what higher, lending to the potential for more smaller drivers to be sold.

it's an old topic..

but i disagree. in stores, at least around here, you'll be hard pressed to even find an 8 in stock. let alone the most popular seller. no it's 12s and 15s that keep places open. bigger is better, even if it doesn't fit. you surely can't roll up in your hi-boy/donk/bigwheel or whatever your region calls them and pop the trunk and only have 8s to show, can you? hells no.

8s online are much more popular, though very trendy, i'd like to own a ssa icon 8 though. and a mach5 8.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I think there is an IXL 8 planned, but we wont be able to do an ICON 8" model, though that does not mean when we are able to expand the line with a really nice SQ line of mid power handling that we won't have one then.

Mid level? NICE.

Ready to see this.

It will be a while, still waiting on prototypes. So not going to give information thats not there yet, or start hype.