sblazer

To wall or not to Wall??? 4 15 or 18s????

ok guys i really some opinions on this, im tryna decide if i will run 4 15s or 4 18s for my next install. if im goin to wall or no wall. i use to think wall were for wussies lol, but boy have i seen the light lol. this will be a non spl setup. bassrace/music setup. which would be a better fit in a blazer. the 18s or the 15s?

subs will be BTLs, thanx

Edited by sblazer

A btl wall for a music setup?? You have to be kidding.

Not at all, in particular since your front "stage" consists of 2 sets of rev's. Before doing anything for a music setup I'd upgrade that significantly.

I still think a wall in a daily-driven vehicle is an unsafe waste of time. For a dedicated competition vehicle that gets driven only to shows, fine.

I think "music" should be in quotes here :D

Wow. . . .Don't be so hard on him.

My wall is not a competition SQ setup, but still sounds awesome playing music. I have the PAC Subwoofer level control installed, so I have the ability to control the sub volume from full output to no output. It is very easy to blend the subs with the rest of the speakers, and I still have the ability to hammer the crap out of it when I want to.

I agree, you will need more mids/highs to get a decent sound. I have (3) sets of speakers on 1000+ watts that get nice and loud. Funny, when I ran street beat at heatwave, multiple people commented on how they could not believe how loud it was and that I was one of the few that they could actually hear the song, not just bass.

Why is a wall any more dangerous than a 200+ pound box in the back that can fly around??

If you don't want a 25+ ft^3 box, (4) 15's is more than enough for a wall in that small vehicle and can run in half the space. :D

Brian

Doubt seriously if you are going to fit 18's and everything else in the cargo area...

I have the PAC Subwoofer level control installed, so I have the ability to control the sub volume from full output to no output. It is very easy to blend the subs with the rest of the speakers, and I still have the ability to hammer the crap out of it when I want to.
You seem like you're mature enough to know when to get liberal with the volume, and when to just be respectful of the surroundings. 95% of the idiots I see on here asking about walling off their daily-driven vehicle don't seem like they know this.
I agree, you will need more mids/highs to get a decent sound.

Something like an HLCD setup would still provide a lot of volume...with less speakers.

Why is a wall any more dangerous than a 200+ pound box in the back that can fly around??

Lack of rear visibility, for one. I've seen enough bad drivers out there that are barely aware of what's going on behind them when they have a rear window...:D

Didn't think about visibilty. . .I installed a review camera that comes on when backing up. . .

Edited by BKOLFO4

its not a daily vehicle. its mostly gets driven juss for shows and on nice days. the frontstage will get a hefty upgrade. thats not the question.

wall it!!! had a wall with 2 x 18's in my last car - actually saved my life when i rolled the car coming back form world finals - car was totaled but the wall wasnt damaged at all and actually kept me from getting crushed - damn thing was about 7 in thick in the weakest part lol

glad to see that u are ok. but im still torn. lol. if i dont wall im goin to juss stay wit 4 15s. but no one in my area has 18 and its good to be diff. also ive been wantin to run some for the longest.

4 18's walled bro. I had 2 18' btls in my dakota truck walled and it was loud! Im now buying a silverado and getting the crew cab just so i can run 4 18 btls walled for a daily setup. I say go for the 18's and like BKO said just get a back up camera if you think its necessary. Also the btls sound fine to me daily but i guess everyone has there own opinion.

i had 4 15s in there this yr. i liked it alot. subs up port back. i have a back up cam already so i guess the wall was meant to be lol. seems like 4 18s is the way to go now a days. but im still not 100% sure if ill actually do it. i dont juss wanna stuff subs in there, not the way i like to do things.

Must be savin all your scammed money, to finally do a install.

Or pay your boy Mark Potts to do it.

I doubt very seriously, you can even build a box, muchless, a wall.

talk wha u truly kno!!!! dont say anything if it doesnt relate to the topic thanx

back to topic

Edited by sblazer

talk wha u truly kno!!!! dont say anything if it doesnt relate to the topic thanx

back to topic

I truely know that.

And that was on topic, maybe u cant read.

I posted, about you, and about teh wall. ;)

Edited by ford302redneck

back to topic

I truely know that.

And that was on topic, maybe u cant read.

I posted, about you, and about teh wall. ;)

Now now. Lets just wooosah. :)

Edited by bdawson72

My Blazer has about 24 CF. Soooooo after bracing and displacement the 418s will not have the full 24cf min they ask for. 4 15s would work nicely and still give you room for extensive bracing.

depending on the setup and power you can use less than 6 cubes per 18 and still have them work really really well.

depending on the setup and power you can use less than 6 cubes per 18 and still have them work really really well.

^Agreed. I have just over 5 per sub after all displacement and I couldn't be happier.

I like the sound of 18's over anything else....But thats just me