jntar

New pistol

Well, they changed the gun laws in texas yet again. So now it is ok to carry a weapon in your vehicle. I am reading up further on this to make sure Im covered. It use to be if you were traveling more then 60 miles from home, now I beleve that its been waved and its just anytime. Sooo...I wanted something a bit smaller in size, but better knock down for what matters.

.40 caliber with a 10+1 and 12+1 pair of clips :D

Pics.

gun3oo1.jpg

gun1rk2.jpg

gun2un6.jpg

springfield xd,huh? how you liking it so far?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

how much did you end up paying Justin? That looks like I might have to sell mah Glock and get that.

Very nice, Im curious as to when this started, since i live in Texas. Ive been thinking about getting a concealed handgun liscense since I was held up a while back.

Kent so far its been great. Its reliability isnt proven for me yet. The name however makes me think Ill be fine.

It seems VERY balanced. I havent had it in my truck yet concealed so on that ground I cant comment. The craftmanship on it seems better then the ruger. Slide is very smooth and the whole pistol seems very solid.

The reason I cant really comment on much is due to the fact that at the gun shop I shot the compact XD-40 with teh 4" barrel so they are a different gun and I cant really comment too much on mine. He didnt have a Sub compact for me to test fire.

John, I ended up paying $380 after a trade in with my ruger. Total price would have been $560+tax.

9/1/2007 is when it was supposed to start in texas.

the trigger reach isn't enough for me, the backstrap to trigger is far to narrow for my paws. that said, all reviews indicate that the xd is a natural point and shoot firearm. though there is nothing sub compact about the xd, or glock, for that matter IMO. most polymers are still too bulky for true concealed carry. so, they knock 2" off the barrel and 1 1/2" off the grip, the damn things are still fat, lol. and that's what gets you seen.

but that's just opinion. mine. overall, i've yet to read anything bad about an xd.

speaking of glock (i really like my g21sf), while at the gun shop saturday, some guy comes in complaining about his glock jamming every third or fourth round and wants to trade it in (he bought it from a buddy). talking crap, saying how his is a pos and looking at different firearms. he looks at a sigma and makes a comment like " oh, this is one of those weird polymer guns", lol. same thing about an xd and a m&p. of course, the sigma is almost a dead nuts copy of the glock, save grip shape and trigger safety, and come to find out, the glock he was shooting didn't even have a factory mag. it had some no name brand mag in it, and he couldn't figure out why it was jamming. yeah, another uneducated man, thinking he knows firearms, not knowing shit. he even made a comment about an ea witness being a cheap import. ummm, ok.

sorry for the rant...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

iv allways wanted a gun...

i have shot a few of my friends guns :)

the gun i liked was a

9mm cobret w/6" screw on extended barell. & it had a 36 round clip with a hellfire trigger :slayer:

the thing spitttt fireeeeeeeeeeeeee like in the Terminator movie...

Looks like a winner.

the trigger reach isn't enough for me, the backstrap to trigger is far to narrow for my paws. that said, all reviews indicate that the xd is a natural point and shoot firearm. though there is nothing sub compact about the xd, or glock, for that matter IMO. most polymers are still too bulky for true concealed carry. so, they knock 2" off the barrel and 1 1/2" off the grip, the damn things are still fat, lol. and that's what gets you seen.

but that's just opinion. mine. overall, i've yet to read anything bad about an xd.

speaking of glock (i really like my g21sf), while at the gun shop saturday, some guy comes in complaining about his glock jamming every third or fourth round and wants to trade it in (he bought it from a buddy). talking crap, saying how his is a pos and looking at different firearms. he looks at a sigma and makes a comment like " oh, this is one of those weird polymer guns", lol. same thing about an xd and a m&p. of course, the sigma is almost a dead nuts copy of the glock, save grip shape and trigger safety, and come to find out, the glock he was shooting didn't even have a factory mag. it had some no name brand mag in it, and he couldn't figure out why it was jamming. yeah, another uneducated man, thinking he knows firearms, not knowing shit. he even made a comment about an ea witness being a cheap import. ummm, ok.

sorry for the rant...

LOL @ jamming Glocks.

I've yet to have a misfire or jam with mine.

speaking of glock (i really like my g21sf), while at the gun shop saturday, some guy comes in complaining about his glock jamming every third or fourth round and wants to trade it in (he bought it from a buddy). talking crap, saying how his is a pos and looking at different firearms. he looks at a sigma and makes a comment like " oh, this is one of those weird polymer guns", lol. same thing about an xd and a m&p. of course, the sigma is almost a dead nuts copy of the glock, save grip shape and trigger safety, and come to find out, the glock he was shooting didn't even have a factory mag. it had some no name brand mag in it, and he couldn't figure out why it was jamming. yeah, another uneducated man, thinking he knows firearms, not knowing chit. he even made a comment about an ea witness being a cheap import. ummm, ok.

sorry for the rant...

I have longet slender hands so the first two things you point out do not effect me all that much. I do however agree with you 100% about the bulky gun. For a sub-compact you would think it would be smaller. Although for my use (Hidden under seat or in jack compartment) it will work perfectly. I have test fit it and fits perfect. The ruger was to large, barrel and handle leanth, to fit properly and safely.

I will be going to the range tonight to go though a few hundred rounds, if I can get off work early enough.

verry sexy!

I just spent 2 hours cleaning my springfield 1911. I have been eyeing up the XD for a while. For 6'2 and 2bills I have little chubby midget hands, so the 1911 is a hair big, I could get a shorter trigger, that might be my answer instead of going out and getting a new gun and getting used to it.

I've heard they are a pretty direct transition but easier on the hands than the 1911. verry verry sexy. I just hate to start over, I have the tritium sights and a nice barrell... plus it was sold, basicaly given to me, by someone close. It's got sentamental value. Did you have a .40 prior and how does the XD rate compaired to it? I am partial to the .45 myself, although I did fire a 9mm that was a blast to shoot!

Anyway, sorry for going off topic! I love the look of the gun and .40's can be fun! I'm sure you will love it, go out and enjoy at the range!

verry sexy!

I just spent 2 hours cleaning my springfield 1911. I have been eyeing up the XD for a while. For 6'2 and 2bills I have little chubby midget hands, so the 1911 is a hair big, I could get a shorter trigger, that might be my answer instead of going out and getting a new gun and getting used to it.

I've heard they are a pretty direct transition but easier on the hands than the 1911. verry verry sexy. I just hate to start over, I have the tritium sights and a nice barrell... plus it was sold, basicaly given to me, by someone close. It's got sentamental value. Did you have a .40 prior and how does the XD rate compaired to it? I am partial to the .45 myself, although I did fire a 9mm that was a blast to shoot!

Anyway, sorry for going off topic! I love the look of the gun and .40's can be fun! I'm sure you will love it, go out and enjoy at the range!

if you described your hands correctly, you'll love the xd. and the transition isn't bad. i personally own a couple of polymers, jsut got rid of my 1911 (rusty sumbitch won't even get name mentioned anymore) and i never have any issues going from gun to gun. of course i'm a bit of a nut and will sit for hours cleaning, racking the slide, working the controls until i can flat do it with zero thought and effort.

and a .40 in a light polymer gun (i'm assuming you have a goverment length 1911) is about the same recoil as a .45 in a 1911. it's firm, but it's very managable. a .45 in a polymer is a bit more then the 1911, but it's still not a handful. and if the grip fits better, recoil is easier tamed.

justin, glad it fits, that's the key. but i'm with you, a sub compact should be just that, a sub compact. kinda like my keltec...

i want one. how much it cost if you dont mind me asking?
Total price would have been $560+tax

YMMV everywhere is going to be slightly different. my local gun shop had them on sale for $499 for awhile. but expect prices to be in teh 5-600 dollar range.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Flakko, youre in CA. Youre going to have issues getting the exact gun. The extended XD handle you see is actually a 12 round clip. Against CA law for a high cap.

Check into your local laws before you buy...

verry sexy!

if you described your hands correctly, you'll love the xd. and the transition isn't bad. i personally own a couple of polymers, jsut got rid of my 1911 (rusty sumbitch won't even get name mentioned anymore) and i never have any issues going from gun to gun. of course i'm a bit of a nut and will sit for hours cleaning, racking the slide, working the controls until i can flat do it with zero thought and effort.

and a .40 in a light polymer gun (i'm assuming you have a goverment length 1911) is about the same recoil as a .45 in a 1911. it's firm, but it's very managable. a .45 in a polymer is a bit more then the 1911, but it's still not a handful. and if the grip fits better, recoil is easier tamed.

justin, glad it fits, that's the key. but i'm with you, a sub compact should be just that, a sub compact. kinda like my keltec...

You sold me. I'll try one out at the range next time I go.

You sound like me. Sometimes if I need to zone I just keep taking the 1911 apart and putting it back together. I may have to try the XD then.

Pretty much did describe hand right. I have shorter fingers and a verry wide thick palm and thicker fingers. "high volume hand" is the term in the glove buying buisness I guess.

I think of them as fat sausages. The ladies love it.

ha!

=P

verry sexy!

You sold me. I'll try one out at the range next time I go.

You sound like me. Sometimes if I need to zone I just keep taking the 1911 apart and putting it back together. I may have to try the XD then.

Pretty much did describe hand right. I have shorter fingers and a verry wide thick palm and thicker fingers. "high volume hand" is the term in the glove buying buisness I guess.

I think of them as fat sausages. The ladies love it.

ha!

=P

lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: