Sign in to follow this  
tommy

crazy amp deal 2400 watts

so i was bored today and went to guitar center to play with some eq's and some of the rack amps and tower speakers i could never afford. well i remembered i want to look at the behringer ep2500 to power what i want for subs in my ht. i talked with a pretty cool actually knowledgable guy. asked about the amp. said he didn't have any in stock and went and look at em online. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-Euro...544-i1145402.gc , so we talked alittle bit and he pulled them up on the computer to see if any other stores stocked them locally, there wasn't but he found this. if i was willing to wait a week behringer would mail one to the store for $199, $150 off no questions ask. how could i turn that down. my amp should be here next thursday or friday. so just to figure out what adapters i need and i'll be ready to pound the walls. so if you guys want one and your guitar center would order you one they are 199 :)

Edited by tommy

Wow 199.00

all id need is a Pre-amp with active shelfing for a Bass Guitar...

then build a Killer Sub cabinet...

Meh.

Considering QSC gear can be found in great used shape for not much more, it's not that great of a deal...

Meh.

Considering QSC gear can be found in great used shape for not much more, it's not that great of a deal...

link please... :)

Search on Ebay?

And if you're looking for a bass guitar stack, tubes > all :D

Behringer is not really a great brand.

1) all of their designs are ripped off of other companies. I dare anyone to give me on of their products and I'll find the replica to it.

2) If ripping off the design wasn't enough, all of the components are of a lesser grade than the competitors.

It seems like a lot of pro audio amps are ripped off of someone else's design, its not just Behringer that does it.

It seems like a lot of pro audio amps are ripped off of someone else's design, its not just Behringer that does it.

maybe some of the cheaper ones, but not Lab Gruppen, QSC, Crown, Crest, dB and I'm sure I'm missing a few other leading brands.

Sorry I guess next time ill spend hours searching online for used goods that cost twice or five as much without a warranty, have to pay shipping, rather then drive 2 minutes from my house for brand new, cheaper, warrantied goods that do the same exact thing.

Sorry end rant

Sorry I guess next time ill spend hours searching online for used goods that cost twice or five as much without a warranty, have to pay shipping, rather then drive 2 minutes from my house for brand new, cheaper, warrantied goods that do the same exact thing.

Sorry end rant

Ahh but there you're wrong grasshoppa.

Once you've used them all, you'll find out very quickly that Behringer amps do not have the same performance as other amps (hence, they do not do the same thing). And have you ever had to use Their warranty? If you do, you'll find it isn't that much of a warranty.

Don't get your panties all in a twist over this.

I'm not upset or anything. I just laugh how people say one product sucks then compare it another that costs atleast twice as much. It better be twice as good for twice as much. As for performance what do you mean. If its behringer or a damn crown they both out the power I want. I don't need any crossovers or filters, I don't need a fancy name or buttons. I just want power and the behringer can do that just fine IMO.

First off, you got a pretty decent deal on the amp. You should be able to turn around and sell it for some extra cash if you want to. The amp will not put out 2400 watts either, ~1,800 is a better rating for it. Also, do not take the casing apart to look at the internals, the screws are utter crap and you will most likely strip the threads off of them if you aren't really careful. Since you said you don't need a crossover I'm assuming your using it for mains? Just an fyi, I did notice an improvement in SQ when I switched to using my QSC amps on my mids over my behringer.

Also, don't get a behringer preamp either, get something else.

For your RCA to XLR cables I picked mine up from b&h photo, good place to deal with.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/4201/RC...XLR_Cables.html

$200 for an "advertised" 2.4 kw amp.

ep2500.jpg

i'm still going to risk it, wind some big-arse torrs and mod a viper 2500d to use for home sub duty.

A lot of people use Behringer 2500's for home sub duty (hometheatershack/avsforum). $200 is a pretty good deal for a new one, I paid $250 for mine. Compared to QSC or Crown amps most people using them at home for sub duty complain that they can get the Behringer to clip easier. If you get one you'll probably want to do a fan mod. The original fan is fairly loud. There are instructions on hometheatershack for the replacement. gluck

i'm just using for subs and i only need 1600 watts out of it. also i'm gonna use the adapters they have at guitar center when i pick it up. they have some sweet ones and thousands of types to choose from. as for the fan being loud i could care less as it won't be any where near me. as for a "preamp" i'm not really gonna use a strictly pre amp. i'm gonna steal the sub output signal from either my NAD receiver or my new Yamaha 861 reciever i pick up for x-mas. thanks for the link on the adapters thou. hopefully there is a bridged mode on the 2500 so one input source feeds both channels.

hopefully there is a bridged mode on the 2500 so one input source feeds both channels.
It does. It's all here in the manual (in the downloads section on the right). Pay attention to the DIP switches. Mine came with the high pass filter set at 50hz and turned on. I missed that when I first set it up. I spent a whole day troubleshooting when a simple flip of a switch gave me bass.

I'm running one to power a pair of TC-3000 15's @ 2 ohms. According to the amp test thread at AVS Forums, the Behringer puts out about 840w @ 2 ohms @ 20 hz. That's almost 1/3 less than the rated power but it's still a great bargain. I put a resistor on the fan to slow it down and reversed the flow. It's still audible during quiet parts of movies so I'm going to replace it with an extra quiet 24v model (~$15).

-Robert

Edited by Robert_J

also i'm gonna use it bridged at 4 ohms for the pair of 18's i pick and bridged at 8 ohms for the temperorary set up