TwStDeVo

Fi BL, SSA Icon, or DD 9500??

im looking for loud, clean, hard hitting bass. listen to rap/ hip hop and got up to 3cf to work with. im using an mtx 1501d (1500watts @ 1ohm). not sure if these three are on the same level, but from searching on the site seems like these might be what im looking for, now i just need to choose whats best. thinking about doing 2 10s ported or 1 12 ported, possibly a 15 but dont want to add too much weight. figure maybe 2 10 bl's or icons ported or 1 12 dd ported. which of the three would be loudest? any other subs better than these? what would you guys recommend in the space i have available?

i wanted to know the same thing im doin a set up with 2 15 looking for LSQ and got these some in mind btl q icons are sound splinter can some one help also

i wanted to know the same thing im doin a set up with 2 15 looking for LSQ and got these some in mind btl q icons are sound splinter can some one help also

If you want to know what's the loudest, you aren't looking for "LSQ" at all...

SOL MY BAD

What he means is that, if you're looking to have the loudest woofer out there, what you have in mind isnt Loud Sound Quality. You're looking for bass. If you were looking for LSQ or LSQ or whatever, then you'd be looking for a woofer with flat response and stuff. Don't worry, I'm looking for bass too. fing05.gif

3 cubes and 1500watts? Sounds like a 15" ICON would almost be perfect if you port to 33hz.

If you could fit another .5cuft in the box, that would be ideal.

would that be louder than 2 10s (icon) ported? or 1 12 dd 9500 ported?

You're kidding right?

Have you any idea of all of the variables that that equation has in it?

what variables would there be? basically if they were all in the recommended boxes, 2.5cf ported tuned to 28hz for the 10s, 2cf tuned to 40hz for the dd9500, and 3-3.5cf tuned to 33hz for the 15. these would be going in a trunk of a car firing to the rear.

what variables would there be?

More than we can hope to figure out over the Internet :)

If people could know what's louder just by looking at it...there wouldn't be much need for SPL competitions anymore.

what variables would there be?

More than we can hope to figure out over the Internet :)

If people could know what's louder just by looking at it...there wouldn't be much need for SPL competitions anymore.

i understand, but im sure there are some people that have experience with these set ups or been through atleast 2 of them. i have no access to hear any of these, so unfortunatly i have to rely on what i can research on the internet.

heh well ya there are to many variables to definitely say this is louder than that in this combo or that set up. but I would rather do 1 15inch sub than 2 10inch subs. but thats just me you might like the sound of two 10's better. now for the brand icon or fi bl either or are great subs with the right tweeking. DD to me sounds hollow but everyone has different tastes.

If you are not competing, and with a good box, a pair of ICON 10's ported on 1500 watts will get plenty loud.

what variables would there be? basically if they were all in the recommended boxes, 2.5cf ported tuned to 28hz for the 10s, 2cf tuned to 40hz for the dd9500, and 3-3.5cf tuned to 33hz for the 15. these would be going in a trunk of a car firing to the rear.

not for sure about loudest, but going by those recommended specs, the dd will definitely be the peakiest. and to be honest, i'd wager the 15" icon with that tuning will be pretty freaking loud!

what kind of car? depending upon trunk size, you might be better off with the 10's and if wanting more loud then sq, tune them up to about 34hz. with 1500wrms, that would be a sweet (and loud) combo!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

it will be in the trunk of an evo 8. i really dont want to add a ton of weight, but i do want it to be loud, so its been hard to find a compromise between the two. i was told that if i use baltic birch for the sub enclosure, it weighs 20-30% less than mdf and is just as strong. i

m also considering 2 12s if the box does not get too heavy and big. i got 35in wide and 15-16inches height to work with. i want the loudest possible set up, willing to upgrade my amp to something thats 2500-3000 watts if necessary. btw, im considering the new SI MAGs as well since they will work in small ported enclosures (1.5cf) and weigh less than most subs. what do you guys think would be best?

Can't comment on the new MAG's until they are out.

A 100lbs or so won't really slow your car down all that much, I wouldn't worry about it.

2 12s or 1 15 seems to be the right path, but 2 10s dont sound bad either unless it would be a big difference going to 12s.

im thinking about upgrading my mtx 1501d to the sundown saz-3000, but not sure if i have the right electrical system for it. currently, i have a mini battery upfront, an optima yellowtop in the rear, 2 1 farad caps, and will be installing a 180amp iraggi alternator (oem is 90). my eclipse amp for mids and highs is 200watts, but thinking about upgrading to a sundown 100.2 if i decide to upgrade my mids/highs.

2 12s or 1 15 seems to be the right path, but 2 10s dont sound bad either unless it would be a big difference going to 12s.

im thinking about upgrading my mtx 1501d to the sundown saz-3000, but not sure if i have the right electrical system for it. currently, i have a mini battery upfront, an optima yellowtop in the rear, 2 1 farad caps, and will be installing a 180amp iraggi alternator (oem is 90). my eclipse amp for mids and highs is 200watts, but thinking about upgrading to a sundown 100.2 if i decide to upgrade my mids/highs.

Sundown Amps are extremely under rated i have a saz-3000d and at 1/2 ohm it puts out about 4200watts. the 3000d is 1/2 ohm stable i believe as well.

Sundown Amps are extremely under rated i have a saz-3000d and at 1/2 ohm it puts out about 4200watts. the 3000d is 1/2 ohm stable i believe as well.

ive heard the same thing about the amp, but i want to make sure i have the right electrical set up to run it. what are you using?

finally, i think it might be best for me to go with either the 2 10" fi bl or ssa icons, i was considering 2 12" Si Mags (new ones comming out), but i was told to go with the 10s.

2 10" BL's will be leaps louder then a single 9512 if set up correctly.

I have no experience with the Icons, but I can see by the specs that they would be a good set of 10's as well for clean sound and moderate output.

2 BLs 10" were 2db+ louder then an MT 12, BTL 12, 9512, and mag 12" on 1800RMS.

Amps...

I would not recommend running any amp daily at .5 ohm. Some never have issues some do. Just play it safe and look for long term reliability.

And this is coming from someone who runs amps strapped at .35 or .175 at times...Even ran them strapped at .175 (.0875 each) to see if they would fry...