Sign in to follow this  

Basically I cannot get any pre-out voltage from the HU for the sub-out. With volume all the way up on a 50hz tone pre-out voltage is ~.69 (tested directly at the HU). Put the leads on the mid output... .69 as well. Put on a 1khz test tone.. DMM on mid outputs... 3.69... on sub with 1khz.. 3.69. So basically I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong with the actual pre-outs but I am missing an option or control on the HU completly. I have the Subwoofer set to +15 and it's set on Subwoofer system 1. The Crossover and PEQ don't have the level turned down on the sub... so I am

What was your question you needed help with ?

And why are you testing the output voltage of the RCA's ?

0.69 on the sub outs with a 50Hz tone isn't right when you get 3.6 with a 1 khz tone, but you probably knew that. I'm not too familiar with the function of the 9887 and what might cause that. It's going to be a "duh" moment when you find it though, rest assured. The only though I have is that you're either testing the wrong outputs or the sub and rear outputs are mislabeled and you have a HPF on the channels that you are testing.

Yea I know it's a duh thing I gotta figure it out... bass notes on any rca output are that low and 1khz are hgiher...just looking for help from people with some 9887 experience I guess.

there is a setting in the function that allows you to turn off/on the sub...

i forgot how i got in there !!!

i was getting no output from mine either till i turned on the media expander, setting 1/2/3

i use 2 as it is clear enuff

Media expander is just a way to over emphasize signals (aka garbage)... it has nothing to do with turning the subwoofer output on or off.

Alpine headunits only put out a maximum RMS signal of 4V @ +15 setting on the deck.

What exactly are you trying to do here?

Get output voltage for sub Fqs. On a 50hz tone it only puts out .69v..........that is EXTREMELY low... on a 1khz tone it puts out 3.69... 3 volts more is a big difference.

How are your crossovers set??

thats the same problem im having i set it where i think it should be but im not sure i did it right ?

i have the 9853 glidetouch and my level are set at 0 slope 0 and frequency 80 they all sound sgreat from low to high....

IIRC slope 0 means that the filter is turned off.