Sign in to follow this  
quadraceya

VL 400 repair ?? also need some information.

I have a old school u.s. amps VL-400 It recently fried due to lack of sufficient power.

I am wondering if it is possible to get this fixed , looks like it needs a new board to me.

Also does anyone know the specs on this amp? ... i have looked everywhere . I havnt even seen one on ebay

(previous owner did the "custom" paint job. ) it used to be purple.

dsc00360aw7.jpg

dsc00361ln1.jpg

dsc00362tn9.jpg

dsc00363es2.jpg

dsc00364ry4.jpg

*cries

Too bad, that was a great amp and that never should have happened. That one has abuse written all over it :(

oh dude...ouch.

thats going to be very costly since usamps doesnt carry any of the older boards anymore. i mean you can give usamps a call and ask for a repair quote

Thats like smashing a Ferrari into a wall and saying "Oh well I got it for free".

I did not fudge up the amp it was in a guys car i worked with ...he gave it to me , because i said i wanted it when i heard it was a U.S. Amps. I was thinking that I might be able to get it fixed and power a stroker with it . But i guess i cant ... big deal .. you want it you can have it .

I did not fudge up the amp it was in a guys car i worked with ...he gave it to me , because i said i wanted it when i heard it was a U.S. Amps. I was thinking that I might be able to get it fixed and power a stroker with it . But i guess i cant ... big deal .. you want it you can have it .

Well my bad dude, its my fault for assuming you did that. I'd love to have one for free. Even if it was burnt up. How much would you like for it?

Well my bad dude, its my fault for assuming you did that. I'd love to have one for free. Even if it was burnt up. How much would you like for it?

Its cool, I should have mentioned that on the first post.

I am going to be contacting us amps sometime this week to get an actual price quote.

Its probably not worth my time , but i got it for free so its worth a shot.

As far as selling it i dont know what it could be worth , I guess best offer would take it ((gotta be worth the effort of boxing this bitch up and taking it to the post office ))

Its cool, I should have mentioned that on the first post.

I am going to be contacting us amps sometime this week to get an actual price quote.

Its probably not worth my time , but i got it for free so its worth a shot.

As far as selling it i dont know what it could be worth , I guess best offer would take it ((gotta be worth the effort of boxing this bitch up and taking it to the post office ))

Well if you decide to get the quote then LMK how much. If you don't want it I'm sure we could work something out :)