Sign in to follow this  
pimpedout97x

xover for bullet tweeters

lol have yall missed me any? (i know, you havent)

anyways, im getting closer to finishing my setup in the mini...i promise ill listen this time, i just wanna hear your suggestions on crossovers for my tweets.

the amp will be a MTX TA7402. 300w x 2 @ 1 ohm. will be 16 tweeters, 8 per channel, in parallel, so each channel will be running 8 tweets @ 1 ohm, (300/8 = roughly 38w per tweet)

this amp has a pretty nice HPF built in from what it looks like too.

so, instead of running one of those 3.3uF caps for a "crossover" what do you suggest? i know i should keep the slope high, around like 36dB or something right (so they dont blow?)

what should i cross them at though, and would i be able to use 2 passive crossovers (1 per channel) for all 16 tweets?

reason im asking is becuase yesterday i was messing with one of the tweets, and i played it (low volume off my reciever) with no crossover, and then i put the cap on it, and its just too high of a crosspoint. the cap i think yall said was what, 6k hz? if thats not right, what is the cap crossing it at, and what slope?

oh, and the tweets im refering to above were eminence APT-80s. im gonna get a price on 10 more (i have 6 now) but if they're too much, i might be switching to audiopipe atx3230's, pretty much the same thing, but i can get 16 of them for about 11 each brand new...they come with those caps soldered on them from the factory, that i can just take off.

another option, what i really want (gotta get a price on them) is the Power Acoustik NX-5 bullets. they look alot cleaner, and they're black. so those are the 3 options. all should use pretty much the same crossover point and slope i guess.

or should i get 1 active 3 way crossover, and use it to cross everything (MT, power acoustik mids, and tweets) ?

i know yall wont like this either, but i kinda like the mids playing full range (with just using the HPF on the amp) lol!

ok im finished being retarded lol

Edited by pimpedout97x

The only way you are going to get a high slope is to use an active crossover, otherwise building a passive to do that will require a lot of components and end up costing as much as the active one anyways.

what do you suggest as a crossover point though? 3500 is what Eminence reccomends according to PE...@ 18dB i believe...

whats a decent 2/3 way crossover you would reccomend?

Dee Plan Dee Plan!

Better get this figured out by the time I am back in tampa. I still may be having nothing better to do.

I'd probably just throw a cap on 'em, and raise the Xover point...

Nope, do you want me to make fun of you?

Let's face it, what they sound like is not high on the list of priorities here, so as long as they don't explode you'll be happy, yes?

Yes, -6dB

Caps come in all different values... so, they can be used to high pass at various different frequencies.

Have you ever talked to tommy, buzz, Bone, etc... about how they would do it? The poor way?

I cant wait to see the mini scraping the ground trying to move all of this weight.

"-6dB" or "6dB" ?

the ones i have are 3.3uF 100v. what freq would those be?

WinISD has a calculator and PE used to have a chart.

"-6dB" or "6dB" ?

the ones i have are 3.3uF 100v. what freq would those be?

WinISD has a calculator and PE used to have a chart.

Easy math, but you left out the impedance...

He said that they were 8ohm in the first post. I'd not do this, but if I had to, I'd just use an active crossover.

pics please...

how many tweeters ?

Wow

12 Supah Tweetahz. :suicide-santa:

He still wont post what happened to his door pannels.

pics please...

how many tweeters ?

Wow

12 Supah Tweetahz. :suicide-santa:

He still wont post what happened to his door pannels.

They got disgusted and ran away.

16*

Oh SNap!

Is this going to be done by gasberilla? I am going to be drinking heavily and watching the parade from my truck...or just drinking heavily.

They got disgusted and ran away.

Apparently. :lol:

i gotta see this please where did you put 16 tweeters in an Explorer ??????????????????????????????

its not in an explorer

my bad i saw pimpedout97x & your Avatar looks just like an Explorer ???