Flexin'01

Fi Q vs. CVX

Between two 15" CVXs or two FI Qs. Do you think that off the same power, 1000 watts each, both in a ported box in the same vehicle, (tahoe), which do you think could get louder? I know it depends on the install but they're basically going in the same setup. Which do you think would get louder and sound better doing it? I think it would probably be the Q but I havent heard either.

Edited by Flexin'01

Do you realize how many variables you still left out?

Not a chance in hell there is an answer to your question.

Do you realize how many variables you still left out?

Not a chance in hell there is an answer to your question.

I know i didnt cover every variable but there basically going in the same setup.

Given i've never heard the Q's but my friend has 2 cvx 15 in a 98 yukon and it is quadin i don't know what type of numbers but it hits. But me i just bought a sundown saz 3000 and a 18 btl and gonna try to put another so you should listen to someones setup and see what you think.

I personally think the CVX's could be a tad louder than the Q's, but IMHO the slight increase in SPL is not worth the loss of SQ. The Q's will sound alot better than the CVX's.

Apples and oranges... The CVX is meant to get loud but the Q is Fi's SQ lineup... Maybe look at 2 SSD's or Bl's... They MIGHT get louder than the CVX's but im not 100% sure....

i've not heard the Q, read plenty of good things about it. however, i love the cvx that's in the wife's trailblbazer. basiclly a L7 with a round cone, it'll get loud and low, and eat power. does it sound good? i think so. everybody who's ever sat in the tb has liked it.

it's all up to your ears and your install.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

did anyone mention that the cvx will break off where the cone is glued to the coil ?

i see this for myself as there have been about 6 pair of Kicker Cvx & L7 subs returned for making a funny noise ???

coils is moving up&down slapping the bottom of the cone

we take the sub out and find it has a break all the way across the cone/coil connection area...

it does fine as long as you do NOT put 1 watt more than they claim to take...

all the broken subs from Kicker were from ported boxxs...

so cant say if a sealed box would help this issue

:peepwall:

did anyone mention that the cvx will break off where the cone is glued to the coil ?

i see this for myself as there have been about 6 pair of Kicker Cvx & L7 subs returned for making a funny noise ???

we take the sub out and find it has a break all the way across the cone/coil connection area...

Did any of them have their subsonics set right?

Either way Fi > Kicker

Either way Fi > Kicker

Unknown :( sorry

i only saw the end result of overpowering the subs...

Edited by Lord Baccus

Either way Fi > Kicker

Unknown :( sorry

i only saw the end result of overpowering the subs...

If you take the sub out and it isn't working perhaps checking the settings on the amplifier should be the first step...

never saw the amps as the customer brings the subs in claiming there making noise : allready out of boxx all there looking for is a swapp / warranty issue...

im VERY SURE you are correct as these guys seem to think the more distorted it is the louder it is ?

im sure if i looked the bass boost and everything else is wide open... :(

but the fact remains that i have seen 6 different sets of Kicker subs Break in the same location suggesting a weekness in the design...

Edited by Lord Baccus

Or a weakness in the average buyer

Could get louder is a relative term...

I know a well respecter person who burps 159+ with 3 10" CVX and can play music on average for 30 seconds at 157+ with the same setup.

never saw the amps as the customer brings the subs in claiming there making noise : allready out of boxx all there looking for is a swapp / warranty issue...

im VERY SURE you are correct as these guys seem to think the more distorted it is the louder it is ?

im sure if i looked the bass boost and everything else is wide open... :(

but the fact remains that i have seen 6 different sets of Kicker subs Break in the same location suggesting a weekness in the design...

I am going too vote weak design.....I like the Fi Q's, I don't own either but have sold KICK,,,,,and actually had a 15" CVX........the car's I have heard with the Fi setups were nice.....maybe i haven't heard the kickers in a perfect or almost perfect environment....