Wkbdkid

SX Build & RE/USAmps Install

For my chics B-Day shes gettin a whole new system. She knows nothing bout it so it'll be a good surprise:D. Anway, she wants some bump an wants it to get semi loud. Figured a 12" SX will be plenty, Powered by a USAmps XT4000D. So the sub should see bout 1000 watts or so. Box is 2cubes @34hz an will be resined(sp?) on the inside. Gonna replace the cheapy pioneer coaxils up front with RE6.5 comps powered a USAmps XT800.2. Each door will have 2 layers of Raamat BXT + Ensolite. All KNU wiring an RCAs.

Got somewhat far on the box today. Letting the resin dry over night an will finish it up tomorrow.

chads_sx122.jpg

sxbox003.jpg

sxbox004.jpg

sxbox006.jpg

Nice start, gonna be a nice build. Can't wait to see a finished product.

The SX will get as loud as you want. I'm running the SX 15's and on about 2,400 watts a piece and they're pretty loud.

A friend of mine has a single RE SE 12" on the USAmps Xterminator 4000 and for it being the SE, its pretty loud, in a similar box to yours. 2.5 cubic feet at 34 hertz.

Good job, and nice work. Keep us posted. :)

Edited by WildSebring

Looks like a nice and simple build so far. Are you going to double up that baffle ?

No double baffle. The baffle is reccessed 3/4". Jus something a lil different. Baffle will be a high gloss pink an the rest of the box will be a high gloss black.

Wow pink.. Can't wait to see that lol

I'll bet USAmps was happy when you ordered from them, now that they own RE and all.

Yea I thought it'd be koo to do an all RE/USAmps build.

Anyone have any suggestions on what Brand of paint to use? If it matters Ill be using a spray gun. No spray paint here.

Edited by Wkbdkid

Got a lil further today. Finished assembling the box an also filled in all the screw holes with bondo. Whenever it stops raining ill roundover all the edges an start the best part of the build SANDING.

SXBox001.jpg

SXBox003-1.jpg

SXBox004-1.jpg

UPDATE:

Over the last week or so Ive gotten some more equipment. Jus need the REcomps an ill have it all.

Heres the USAmps xt800.2 that will power the comps.

SXBox2005.jpg

SXBox2006.jpg

SXBox2007.jpg

Both amps look great together

SXBox2008.jpg

15ft of 1/0 KNU KLM power wire.

IMG_0047.jpg

15ft 1/0 KLM, 10ft 4ga. KLM, KNU RCAs, an KNU Konfused Distro block

IMG_0046.jpg

Finished up the box today. Went a lil different than i thought. Instead of high gloss balck an pink, I went with black an pink fleckstone. An i must say it came out way better than I thought an am really pleased with the box turned out. First time using fleckstone an it defineatly wont be the last, love that chit.

SXBox2003.jpg

SXbox007.jpg

SXbox004-2.jpg

SXbox005-1.jpg

SXbox006-1.jpg

UPDATE: Installed the power wire an all that fun chit. Only had time to install the sub amp an sub. Ill put in the RE comps sometime in the near future. Once the other amp is in the wires will get straightened up. Pics as of now.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

yeah let me know how the sx is. i am getting one too and am thinking about doing that with the Sundown 1500S

Thanks guys. An the sx fills the cab of the explorer sport really nicely. She showed it off the other day an a few people were stunned that it was only 1 12. A few stated that their L7s dont even hit as hard.lol. But thats comming from high school kids who use prefab boxes.lol

Guest zedman
The box is secured via velcro. Doesnt move a bit

Even during hard braking or evasive maneuvers?