Sign in to follow this  
DC Audio

New duel lead project for LV5's

Do you like the Duel lead set up?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. You like the way it turned out?

• Yes
    • No

So we had a dealer whos building a SS1-2 truck ask for duel leads on there LV518's, So this is what we came up with, each lead is now 2 of the biggest leads we have in shrinked together an because the leads are so large we cant use a terminal so we go directly into 1.5 foot 8 awg leads.

lead3.jpg

lead2.jpg

lead1.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, Thats exactly why i put pics up of new things im working on, So i can get feedback on them. I could put a connector on the end but i left it open for the user to put anything they want on it. what works in 1 car might not be what the next guy is looking for.

I like it. Wish my subs came like that. And you don't need any connectors on the ends, raw wire is fine.

raw wire=low restistance...keep it simple

Take 3 ft of wire on a direct connect sub, measure resistance. Take the same 3 ft of wire and put it on a sub with terminals, measure resistance. Get back to us and post the data.

(That's my subtle way of saying go try something for yourself rather than spewing out things people tell you that sounds good.)

make sure you are not violating Resonance Inc. patent as AQ uses this method as it is licensed by Resonance.

ive had my subs like this for awhile, and it seems to be working well for me.

:)

I like it.

You aren't worried about any slap w/ this design?

thats the same thing that came to mind, maybe it wont cause them to break loose since the wires seems pretty tick than just regular and the angle they have might have to do to help them go with the flow fing05.gif but other than that I LOVE THEM!!

tell me why having 8 gauge is better than 10 gauge, as in how much less resistance per square ft and ill tell you it aint worth a dime. sorry

when you have 50 amps of current passing thought 10 ga it will get very hot and melt... if your putting 4kw to the sub at 1 ohm that means you have identical ampount of amperage to voltage about 64 amps... not all wire is made the same... espically the leads are really important in high power applications... its silly not to puut larger 8ga leads... in normal 70 degree C wire 10 is rated for 30 amps, 90 degree(thhn etc) is 35amps. that is free air btw... the leads on the woofers need to be able to handle at least the amprage of its max rating... also remember that lower impedance loads present high amperage per watt... for instance at a true 2 ohm load with 6kw(pretty common now in days) you have 6000 watts with 120 volts again(prety common voltage in high power amps) 6kw/120volts=50amps that is 20 amps more than the rating of the wire which would easily burn the leads up in a few seconds... also don't forget that your connections play a role is resistance and ampacity of the circuit.... IE copper to copper is the best besides silver...

Edited by papermaker

No cone slap with those???

I'm new to this board so im not sure if he posted it here, but because the topic was bumped these are the new 09 sewn/Dual leads

DSC04371.jpg

Picture008.jpg

New Dual Leads

DSC04183.jpg

DSC04182.jpg

-Drew

Hand stitched leads?

Nice add Drew =]

No Problem man, wasn't sure if it was a repost or not so i played it safe and tossed them out :D

Jason if you want more details get me on the respekk

-Drew