Bmoorman05

My Q busted... :(

Hey everyone, I have a pair of d1 12" Q's. One of the wires coming from the cone going to the terminal on the sub snapped... and there seems to be some sort of burn on the wire (its blackened at both ends). Any explaination on why this would happen and any way to fix this. I know i can solder the wire back together but it just looks like it was too short to begin with, when i connect the two pieces of the wire together and press down on the sub it looks as if the wire was never long enough and just kept pulling on it until it finally snapped... Also if i can solder it back together should i add a longer piece of wire in? and where do i get this wire??? I dont know if this is a defect or something that i did but i know im not pushing them too hard because each is only getting ~750 watts from a sundown 1500d. Any help is appreciated.

might be clipping. how big is the box? the tinsle could have been short but that doesn't explain the charred parts except for maybe that it didn't break all at once. if you resolder it back, it just might break again depending on what you use to extend it.

u say it's burnt, that's clipped. It's thermal handling is higher than what that amp can put out so you clipped the sub(s) which means the gains were not set right.

Now is a good time to go get an o-scope.

im running the same setup as you

2x 15" Q D1 in a sealed 7CF box , running on the Sundown SAZ-1500D , slamming them all day long on stupid low notes 15\20\25 hz for demonstration , and they just dont get tired.

my setup is in my signature, upgraded batts,alt

the gain on the sundown is set to dead middle.

not problems even after 3 hrs of straight beatin:)

im running the same setup as you

2x 15" Q D1 in a sealed 7CF box , running on the Sundown SAZ-1500D , slamming them all day long on stupid low notes 15\20\25 hz for demonstration , and they just dont get tired.

my setup is in my signature, upgraded batts,alt

the gain on the sundown is set to dead middle.

not problems even after 3 hrs of straight beatin:)

Any suggestions on what wire i should use to lengthen it?

i wouldnt do anything to the woofer which may void your warranty id try and get a hold of nick or scott and send it in to them

Well the wire is too short to solder now unless i can add wire to it.. but i dont know where to find the same wire at..