Sign in to follow this  
johnecon2001

Hybrid-Audio guys: What Head unit and/or processor are you using?

Just curious, I'm looking to poach a few ideas off of you.

I am using the Alpine 9861 with the H701 processor. I know a lot of our team is using the H701. Not everyone is using this piece, but the majority are.

When I saw Dave Brooks' truck in Atlanta he was using a Denon DCT-1. Pretty sick headunit with optical outs, but supposedly pretty hard to get.

Still using the black Denon DCT-1 head unit. It spoils me rotten, LOL. I coupled it with a H701/C701 for my rookie season because I flat-out ran out of money to buy anything better.

I've scraped up just enough money to buy a H900 for this year, so now I should be able to get the full potential out of the Denon piece.

Still using the black Denon DCT-1 head unit. It spoils me rotten, LOL. I coupled it with a H701/C701 for my rookie season because I flat-out ran out of money to buy anything better.

I've scraped up just enough money to buy a H900 for this year, so now I should be able to get the full potential out of the Denon piece.

That sounds like an insane combo, I wish I could go with something like that(maybe someday).

I've got a Denon DCT-1 with a coax digital output. Right now I'm using an H701 processor, but I have a DEQX to use once I get some work done on it.

So here's a question then.. with the H701.. it doesn't have to be coupled with a compatible Alpine head unit to access all of the key features? Or do you have to use the C701 to control it?

Like for instance the IVA-W205 doesn't list as being compatible with the H701 on Alpine's site.

So here's a question then.. with the H701.. it doesn't have to be coupled with a compatible Alpine head unit to access all of the key features? Or do you have to use the C701 to control it?

Like for instance the IVA-W205 doesn't list as being compatible with the H701 on Alpine's site.

rese

If the W205 is anything like the W200, you will have full control over the functions of the H701. Not using an Ai-Net deck with H701 controls, then you will need the C701. The cool thing is, is that you can set the H701 to your liking and then disconnect the C701 and the setting will stay. I have the 9861 that will control the H701, but I like to have the C701 reach me in the seats for tuning.

Edited by dlechner

Excellent. I've been trying to find something that has the ability to run active 2-way with onboard DSP whilst giving me a double din screen with DVD playback. Navigation I can live without.

The choices are slim. Having dual drives (CD and DVD) would have been a nice bonus too, but the only deck that did that in my price range was the AVN6610.. and I don't think "Circle Surround II" means it'll be able to do a 2-way active lol.

Right now I'm using an Alpine W200/H701, but I'm looking to possibly upgrade the H701 to a DEQX in the not so distant future.

I'm in the process of building my new system. The goal at the moment is to get the stock Honda headunit modified with a toslink output, ready for input in to the H701. I'll be using the C701 with it and am hoping to get a custom interface to the factory steering controls made up (volume wouldn't work due to taking the optical route)

Right now I'm using an Alpine W200/H701, but I'm looking to possibly upgrade the H701 to a DEQX in the not so distant future.

I know someone interested in your H701

<---

I know someone interested in your H701

<---

Bastard.

I'm currently running an older ODR set-up, RS-D7x and RS-P70xII processor. In the past I have run the DRZ9255.

J

I am really liking the fosgate 3sixty.2, but I will be getting a second one to run a true 3-way setup, because the center rca outputs are mono, not stereo like the h701. of course file management, ease of tuning, and the sweet bluetooth features make it awesome!!

Depeneds on what class you want to run in. Behringer DCX 2496 is a good proessor, its pro audio and had 120V. Zapco DSP6-SL is a cool processor, but it comes with a heavy price.

Depeneds on what class you want to run in. Behringer DCX 2496 is a good proessor, its pro audio and had 120V. Zapco DSP6-SL is a cool processor, but it comes with a heavy price.

is that Behringer DCX 2496 really worth all the trouble in the car?

i currently have H700 in my car, and the behringer on my home audio setup.

will i benefit something from this change?:)

Look at all the features that the behringer has, plus at the hifi buys show in nashville Dominique Iraggi, the guy who owns Iraggi Alternators, used two of them and got the second highest SQ score of the day. Kirt Profit got a few more points but he had 4 zapco dc amps with another dc porcessor running them. Personally i love my two behringers, even have a rackmount monster cable power conditioner, lol.

Edited by Twisted-Woodroof

Update for those following the thread...

I am now using the Alpine 7990 and H900 combo.

At this point, I prefer the Denon DCT-1 over the CDA 7990, but it may just be because I'm not used to it yet.

The DCT-1 tracks faster and is less finicky about scratches on CD's.

Doesn't get nearly as hot as the 7990. Not that the 7990 gets hot, just that the Denon runs cooler overall.

I still like the aesthetics of the DCT-1 over the 7990. Both are sexy, but the black DCT-1 has more... I don't know, mystique? It's more elegant, maybe that's the best way to put it.

Edit - H900 vs H701? No comparison. Not even close at any level.

Edited by Dave Brooks

Update for those following the thread...

I am now using the Alpine 7990 and H900 combo.

At this point, I prefer the Denon DCT-1 over the CDA 7990, but it may just be because I'm not used to it yet.

The DCT-1 tracks faster and is less finicky about scratches on CD's.

Doesn't get nearly as hot as the 7990. Not that the 7990 gets hot, just that the Denon runs cooler overall.

I still like the aesthetics of the DCT-1 over the 7990. Both are sexy, but the black DCT-1 has more... I don't know, mystique? It's more elegant, maybe that's the best way to put it.

Edit - H900 vs H701? No comparison. Not even close at any level.

Thanks for the speedy review