Godsmack

Bass sounds like a$$

Okay DEI Viper 12's in a ported box. Is like .2 cu ft bigger than specs. suggest. Tuned to 28 htz. When in the Mountaineer I could put the bass to positive 3 and it slammed and sounded awsome. Now I have to have it at like -1 or 0, or else it sounds like ass. The box is now in a 1995 Dodge Intrepid in the backs seat. Reason it's not in the trunk is beacuse the trunk rattled like hell with the old subs and these murder my old ones so the trunk would be all I would hear. I want it to slam like it used to and sound good again. Got any ideas??? BTW Subs hit towards the roof and ports towards the front of the car.

J

well its prolly because of the car, make a bigger box and it should sound better, if the box was in the cab of the truck of couarse it would be louder.

well its prolly because of the car, make a bigger box and it should sound better, if the box was in the cab of the truck of couarse it would be louder.

It was in an SUV.....So Bigger=louder when on the back seat of the car???

I just don't get why i hear shit now that i never noticed in the truck even when i stood right next to the box.

J

hmm, so its not loud like it was?

maybe u have ur + and - wired backwards?

but if u have the same set up and just tossed in ur back seat it should be loud as well.

hmm, check ur wiring. Is it a diffrent HU, that might have something to do wt it if it has diffrent settings.

hmm, so its not loud like it was?

maybe u have ur + and - wired backwards?

but if u have the same set up and just tossed in ur back seat it should be loud as well.

hmm, check ur wiring. Is it a diffrent HU, that might have something to do wt it if it has diffrent settings.

Same head unit. + and - are wired the same as before. Same amp. only setting difference is the bance is faded towards the front, and the bass is at -1 instead of +3.

Could it be that there is like one foot between the subs and roof in my car and like 1.75 ft. in the truck???

J

Could it be that there is like one foot between the subs and roof in my car and like 1.75 ft. in the truck???

i dont think that really matters. man idk, check ur wiring very carefully, because it should be just as loud or even louder if u have it on ur backseat.

the distance could have something to do with the volume...i mean..suv's(esp explorers and mountainers) are loud as hell..almost crx like....and cars typically suc compared to them

but the sound difference, well that is harder to explain..and well, i just dunno...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

make sure nothing came loose inside the box during the move. if you have DVC subs and one coil comes loose it will sound like wet ass.

i dont think that really matters. man idk, check ur wiring very carefully, because it should be just as loud or even louder if u have it on ur backseat.

It CAN be as lound it just sounds like ass.

J

make sure nothing came loose inside the box during the move. if you have DVC subs and one coil comes loose it will sound like wet ass.

I'll go give them a double check.'

J

reminds me off my 1st set of dvc's wired them the same coil together instead of to the other coil :lol:

yes it did sound like ass then :D

does ur headunit have a seperate sub outlet? cus u may have faded the subs out when u faded it towards the front.

It really sounds like something is out of phase. WHich means there is a wiring problem somewhere. I doubt you would see that much cabin loss going from an SUV to a car. Ive done it before and Ive never lost tons of bass. IF they get just as loud but sound like ass then you might wanna check rattles, which means it might be sound dampening time.

It really sounds like something is out of phase. WHich means there is a wiring problem somewhere. I doubt you would see that much cabin loss going from an SUV to a car. Ive done it before and Ive never lost tons of bass. IF they get just as loud but sound like ass then you might wanna check rattles, which means it might be sound dampening time.

:ph34r: :rolleyes: I already said this but i'm not really here

How are the subs pointing on the seat compared with the SUV? If the subs were faced toward he hatch on the SUV and pointed toward the front in the car that might be a problem also. You may be getting a lot of cancellation. I would just leave the subs in the trunk and sound deaden everything.

How are the subs pointing on the seat compared with the SUV? If the subs were faced toward he hatch on the SUV and pointed toward the front in the car that might be a problem also. You may be getting a lot of cancellation. I would just leave the subs in the trunk and sound deaden everything.

Once $$$ allows I am gonna sound deadon the whole car...........I did the trunk before and the shit just melted off the trunk lid. I really just want my suv back dammit.

J

Once $$$ allows I am gonna sound deadon the whole car...........I did the trunk before and the chit just melted off the trunk lid. I really just want my suv back dammit.

J

I had that same problem with sound deadener. I live in Atlanta so the trunk can get very hot!. I used the cheaper Edead and it just didn't stick. Thought I could save a bit by going with the thinner material. I tried Dynamat Extreme next and that stuff is there over 2 years later.