Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

Lot of Off Topic in one thread...

Ok, i got a lot of things to say here so see if you can figure out the answers to these -

When you are on the main forum page, go all the way to the bottom, i think it's hilarious.

Right where it shows everybody that is online, read the statistical information then read it the next day and the next, you will see what i am talking about.

Here is an example -

Members Online Today: 161

Ok, so that means 161 registered members were on today, right? Wrong!

Next line -

Most members ever online in one day was 174, last accomplished on February 17th, 2008

Hmm... weird

and sometimes, it will say this which is the best -

Most users ever online was 0 on Today, 5:30 AM

Now onto the "weird" things-

I noticed something very odd today.

While i was scrolling through a thread with posts that had used the reply with quote feature, i could hear my surround sound speakers making a weird very low noise. So, i cranked em up loud. This is analog out so there was a lot of noise present.

Get this -

If i were to click the wheel mouse so i could move up or down faster, whenever the mouse cursor would skim across ONLY the boxes that had quotes in them from a previous post, the speakers would make a constant clicking sound!?! It sounded like flipping through a page very fast but constantly. I did this several and several more times to confirm it and i was right, it only did this noise when skimming across the quoted boxes in threads....

Now i know, even though you may make a post, there are different frequencies used in one person's post. Weird isn't it? How the mouse can interpret a change in the way a post is and feedback through audio...

This has got to be the most abstract post ever. I think the audio gods must have put upon some kind of divine intellect. :D

But seriously the statistics thing is weird. o.O Do I smell a conspiracy?

Ok, i got a lot of things to say here so see if you can figure out the answers to these -

When you are on the main forum page, go all the way to the bottom, i think it's hilarious.

Right where it shows everybody that is online, read the statistical information then read it the next day and the next, you will see what i am talking about.

Here is an example -

Members Online Today: 161

Ok, so that means 161 registered members were on today, right? Wrong!

Next line -

Most members ever online in one day was 174, last accomplished on February 17th, 2008

Hmm... weird

and sometimes, it will say this which is the best -

Most users ever online was 0 on Today, 5:30 AM

Now onto the "weird" things-

I noticed something very odd today.

While i was scrolling through a thread with posts that had used the reply with quote feature, i could hear my surround sound speakers making a weird very low noise. So, i cranked em up loud. This is analog out so there was a lot of noise present.

Get this -

If i were to click the wheel mouse so i could move up or down faster, whenever the mouse cursor would skim across ONLY the boxes that had quotes in them from a previous post, the speakers would make a constant clicking sound!?! It sounded like flipping through a page very fast but constantly. I did this several and several more times to confirm it and i was right, it only did this noise when skimming across the quoted boxes in threads....

Now i know, even though you may make a post, there are different frequencies used in one person's post. Weird isn't it? How the mouse can interpret a change in the way a post is and feedback through audio...

LOL, this site is haunted....

j/k

anyways, the stats center is all messed up. The users online stat is a mod done to IPB and doesn't allways match the board stats that are built in. Leading me to the board stats, if you notice every day they reset them selves to zero for some reaon. We are in the process of making some major upgrades to the board in the next few weeks, so all of these bugs should get worked out with the new verions. Hope that clears things up.

p.s. The audio with the mouse, thats entirely strange.

yea man, i could even do a vid capture with sound whenever i get around to it and host it somewhere just so people can watch me do what you guys do on here... but with sound, haha.

How about this, try to explain this-

My cell phone (blackberry), when it attempts to retrieve data, a lot of times it will bleed it's wireless signal through speakers. It did it real good one time in a circuit city in an aisle of just shelf systems, haha, but anyways- it has done it more than once to a tv that had been turned off for a whole day!

Somehow it still forced it's speakers to playback interference... with the tv off...weird?

i had the audio with mouse movement before. it had to do with the sound card. i forgot how i fixed it tho

perceptive or strange, perhaps you are both. Can't say that I have noticed either.

perceptive or strange, perhaps you are both. Can't say that I have noticed either.

i dont know but i know it's strange that i see the same thing posted twice, :)

Luckily without audio following it, :)

Don't worry about the stats for now, Mark and I are in the midst of doing software upgrades as he mentioned.