Sgaynor1

Fi BTLs for SQ?!?!

i wanted the exact same thing... sq but loud

Not at all what this poster wants. He just wants loud. I would guess that the OP coudn't tell the difference between 40hz and 60hz and will be fine with a one note wonder.

Just get the damn BTL's, port them, and continue to pretend they have good SQ and be happy.

actually its exactly what i want :gayhaaay1: and yes i do konw the difference between a high note and a low note...but thanks for the checkup i guess... :wacky:

If you think I am wrong perhaps you could explain your magical front stage that is going to blend well with a high powered BTL in a ported box. .

man man if you know of one i want it!!!!!!!!!!!!! share with us fawlker

i wanted the exact same thing... sq but loud

Not at all what this poster wants. He just wants loud. I would guess that the OP coudn't tell the difference between 40hz and 60hz and will be fine with a one note wonder.

Just get the damn BTL's, port them, and continue to pretend they have good SQ and be happy.

actually its exactly what i want :gayhaaay1: and yes i do konw the difference between a high note and a low note...but thanks for the checkup i guess... :wacky:

Umm, no. You don't understand the term SQ otherwise you wouldn't be using it in this context. If you think I am wrong perhaps you could explain your magical front stage that is going to blend well with a high powered BTL in a ported box. By SQ you mean, doesn't sound like ass not SQ.

Maybe i have the wrong impression of the term, either way, you dont have to be a douche about it...maybe im not looking for "SQ" maybe im just wanting good tight bass...which is a quality charactaristic so...back off bruh...if you have anything constructive without the douchey undertone...im all ears :)

thats stright up from FI... thats why i like them boys... thay shoot stright......

and yeah the set up will be NICE>>>>>>. way better then the ABs you had...... why the btls??

i have some videos of my subs imma put up, lol not too shabby for what they are haha...and yea, imma listen to the Fi guy ultimately, but my curiousity wont let me not alteast build a sealed box and see what it sounds like lol...and why BTLs...cause there the first sub i decided to try...kinda a kick off to my life of loud :)

If you want loud and sq, put 2000rms per subs and be happy:

I think you should consider the RE Audio XXX subs. Sealed can be done.

He wants good tight bass, never heard the BTLs but I don't think it will fill your needs - SPL subs are nowhere tight at all.

Maybe yaw missed it...but i did say that i am goin to port 1 btl 12...so...you can stop advising me against it...the horse is dead and rotting...put the stick down...

just to let ya know....... m5 is just ..... how can i say it,.... hes a good guy... and he will allways help you set up an active set up. or give you advice anywhere else... it may sound rude... but its just to the point and fast,,,,, but hes a good guy, undertone or not

lol gotta be blunt to get thru peoples heads.... took a while to work on me and i still could use a head butt or two to get some stuff thru

Thanks for the pm'd apology OP.

The real problem here is you are taking words that you have heard and applying them without understanding the meaning. In the case of saying you want SQ it means you want a perfectly flat response that blends perfectly with your front stage (ie your midbass is just as loud as your sub bass). While you could attempt to do this with a BTL or any other sub that is very, very geared for a ported box it in reality won't work; however, I know better from reading posts from others like yourself. You aren't interested in SQ, but asking for SPL scares you since you don't think you want a one note wonder. On the same note, you don't understand how your ears work then either. At really high decibels you are going to experience a lot of sound pressure masking which forces you to not be able to tell the difference between notes so it is a moot point anyways. This phenomena occurs at low levels too. If you want to test for yourself go ahead and make two tracks on a test cd. 1) A 1kHz sine tone at 0dB and 2) A 1kHz since tone at 0dB and at the same time a 1.25kHz sine tone at -5dB -- play them back to back and you won't really hear a difference between either track. Now realize that at high levels this phenomena gets MUCH stronger. Your ears go into protect mode and force you to not hear things.

One other thing. By definition again you are flawed. Loud is the opposite of SQ and there is no other way around it. If you want max output that requries a peaky enclosure, if you want SQ you want no peaks.

Either way, my previous recommendation was spot on. Buy the BTL, port it, and believe you are enjoying the SQ from it. Until you here a real integrated SQ setup you won't know differently anyways.

i agree with you alot with that statement and i agree that alot of people want loud but not a one not wonder but may be a little "sq oriented" How would a person like that ask for help in say building a system?

He wants good tight bass, never heard the BTLs but I don't think it will fill your needs - SPL subs are nowhere tight at all.

Contrary to popular belief "spl" subs that you speak of have more motor force then "sq" subs and really should have a better transient response ('tight bass') when given the right scenario...

i agree with you alot with that statement and i agree that alot of people want loud but not a one not wonder but may be a little "sq oriented" How would a person like that ask for help in say building a system?

Easy instead of using misapplied buzz words actually try and put sentences to describe what you want using everyday terms.

I want a loud system that doesnt sound like chit :D i want to be able to hear my highs and mids, thats my main thing...i have a lot of buddys who just throw 2 15s in their trunk and just think they got it all, but when they turn on their music you hear booom booom faint squeek of a lyric....BOOOM....i would really love to avoid this...

Edited by Sharif916

Then we need to address the fronts :)

the one BTL will sound like 2 of your friends 15's i asure you

so if i ported 2 BTL 12s it would just be stupid loud huh...lol...and you really think the 1 12 would thump over two 15s?

That BTL can handle like two or three times the rms rating of it for a little bit and is a pretty high dollar sub and if it were going through a dealer would likely be twice what it is now... Unless your friends have like two 15" higher end subs, you will be close to them....

That BTL can handle like two or three times the rms rating of it for a little bit and is a pretty high dollar sub and if it were going through a dealer would likely be twice what it is now... Unless your friends have like two 15" higher end subs, you will be close to them....

its a pair of alpine SWR-1542Ds

and that aint no joke..... but if you wanna do it... you have TO DO IT>.. i mean spend a lil more... do it right.. and reap the benifits ya dig?

I've had a 15 Type R ported....if you know what you are doing they can get pretty loud.

But your buddies just "throwing subs in the back" seems like they have crappy enclosures.

You should be able get up there with the right enclosure.

Easy instead of using misapplied buzz words actually try and put sentences to describe what you want using everyday terms.

Ok im looking for Everything to blend well, good overall sound but i like loud. Im obviously going to get a peak in the sub freqs but i want everything else to be able to catch up with it. I also want surround sound. I dont want my car to sound like a concert but more like a well tuned THX theater. I also want to be able to play music videos in the car.

My Equipt:

2 05 RE XXX 15s

2 RF HX2 8"

~4 RF FNQ 6.5 mids

8 FNX tweeters

2 4" FNQ mids

RF T30001bd

RF 301x

RF 301m

RF 801x

RF 801s

RAVDVD1

panasonic dvd-audio HU

2 RF 3sixty.2

Alpine Headrest screen for center consol

laptop with busted screen

Equipment im looking at:

(new midrange up front) either CDT ES-07s or Hertz Hi-Energy

maybe new midbass like the hi-energy 8"

Fiberglass pods for both front and rear speakers along with the centers mounted somehow

Some type of new or better HU configuration

This is where I get confused, and where Sean is a little more blunt than me :D

"Well-tuned THX theaters" don't sound like what you're describing. Just "keeping up" with the subbass is really not that demanding of a task, just get some horn loaded compression drivers and have at it.

The problem is you have a definition of what "good" sound is based on what you're heard, and I've heard things that define what "good" sound is to me :)

ya its hard to explain what im looking for. I like the movie theatre experaince and i really want to replicate it in my car. Then again i really liked the sound of say the bmw rainbow car at CES.

lol im probably more confused then anything