Yang

KnuKonceptz 1/0 or WeldingSupply 1/0

Of these two wires which one do you think is better?

It's gonna be used to attach the front battery to the back battery.

Knukonceptz

or

WeldingSupply

Your Thoughts are appreciated,

Yang

more strands> less strands

Copper>aluminum

the second would be most important and i myself would pay extra for actual copper

i think i'm going to try out the welding supply 1/0 orange flex and see how it goes for me.. thanks

make sure that when you get it, get a DMM and put the probes at each end of the wire and see if it still reads 0.0 ohms. If it does, then that's great.

I had done some research on welding vs car audio wire a while back and on some distributors website it states that almost all welding cable is not oxygen free. What "can" happen if it is introduced to really cold temperatures is that welding cable can ... i don't know the term but it can potentially condensate inside the wire forming water. You definitely don't want water in there.

Now, i do not remember what the temp was, i know it was well under 32F, so i decided to pay out the Wazoo for 3/0 car audio cable. I was going to go with the 1/0 orange flex if i didnt.

If you get it and like it later on down the road, i'll definitely purchase some!

I got 1 3/0 run now, i need about 3 more 1/0 runs under the car to have a high voltage reading in the back. That'll be just over 21,000 strands of wire!

Edited by shizzzon

So... I'm guessing that, that is minimal with the condensation since i live in sunny san diego..

Well, if that's false, then I'm back to square one on the difference between to 2 because WC is cheaper, thinner with more strands and flexible...

So why does car audio cable even exist...

Why didn't when Knu open just rebadge welding cable with their name on it?

Not picking on them, just using them as example since they're fairly new company.

Anybody know a difference?

I don't know why...I am going to use welding cable for my install.

The "distributor's website" says that condensation crap so you will buy the more expensive car audio wire.

Wire is wire...if its copper and decently flexible it will work fine for most installs unless you need to tie knots then run the wire lol.

I'm a welder and the cable I use for arc welding is plenty flexible...some even more flexible than normal car audio wire.

I don't know why...I am going to use welding cable for my install.

The "distributor's website" says that condensation crap so you will buy the more expensive car audio wire.

Wire is wire...if its copper and decently flexible it will work fine for most installs unless you need to tie knots then run the wire lol.

I'm a welder and the cable I use for arc welding is plenty flexible...some even more flexible than normal car audio wire.

werdup. a lot of the technology put into 12v wires is just to make you pay more

and in the comparison, the knu isnt even pure copper.